TAG JAM 2012 - It's Show Time! - Official thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SimonTag, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #1 SimonTag, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special Touch Arcade tl;dr

Employees from the critically acclaimed Tag Games and Tagplay development studios are hosting a 24 hour Tag Jam in celebration of the studio's 6th year on the 28th of June (this Thursday). We are hosting a series of video podcasts over the 24 hours in which we will open our doors to you guys so you can see what goes on in a professional video games studio! What's more, we want you to get involved in our video podcasts by posting questions you'd like asked by our teams and employees, some of whom have worked on ground-breaking titles like Grand Theft Auto, Crack Down, Micro Machines V3, State of Emergency, etc, etc.

We will be streaming shows talking to each of the teams, in addition to a special Car Jack Streets 2 programme, a special for Funpark friends, and a 'How to get into the video games industry' show! We would love for you guys to get involved here on this Touch Arcade thread, so post your questions for any of the shows either before, during or after the shows and we'll make sure to ask them and give you a shout out!

WATCH THE PODCAST:

www.tagplay.com/tagjam2012

2. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #2 SimonTag, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Bumpity bump bump :D

New info!

Get involved guys, these shows/video podcasts are for you so you can see what it's like in a games studio and can get your questions answered about the creation of games and working in the industry!

Any questions are welcome!

3. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    What city is the city in Car Jack Streets 2 based off of? Will there be actual airplanes? Will there be an observation deck in game like the one in gta iv

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    2 Question for Car Jack Streets:

1. How long after the first game released did you guys consider developing a sequel?

2. What motivated you to make a sequel?

5. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Question for CJS2:

Will we be able to rob banks and store and the like whenever we want? Like could we do it in free roam? And what other things can we do in free roam?

6. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Ha, you know guys? Some of the questions you are asking I was going to ask the guys anyway if no-one had any questions to ask here on Touch Arcade.

Great minds thinking alike!

Also, I am going to be bartering with our Managing Director tomorrow to release some big news during the Car Jack Streets 2 show! It will be worth watching for sure.

But, don't forget, the other shows (meeting the team, talking about Funpark Friends, Getting into the Game's industry, etc) will be extremely insightful if you want to know about the process of games development!

So please, ask any questions you want!

7. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2012
    Male
    Will we be able to play together with friends and get in the same vehicle with each other like in GTA IV? Also what day is the podcast/show going to air?

8. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland

Hey! The Car Jack Streets video podcast will air on the this coming Thursday the 28th at 2:00am British time(so, actually the 29th in the UK), 9:00pm eastern America (28th), 6:00pm western America (28th) and 10:00am Japan.

All the details are noted above in the schedule :).

We will be updating the thread constantly over the 24 hours, so you'll be in good shape if you come on here :).

9. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    CJS2 Question:

How much freedom will we have? But my main question is about what we get to do while in free roam. Like bank/store robberies, muggings, stealing and selling cars, etc.

10. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    What an awesome first show!!

It was a pleasure speaking with Paul, our CEO, and I hope you enjoyed it too!

Who would have thought that Grand Theft Auto was originally going to be a top down racer like Micro Machines and that, originally, you were the police not the bad guy!?

Not even I know that, and I work with Paul every day!

Paul will be back to talk with me about Car Jack Streets 2, but next up you have the chance to meet the teams Awesome Source and Continental Breakfast!

Any questions for the teams? What they are eating to stay awake? Have they had any 'disagreements' yet :D? haha

11. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Our next video podcast will air in an hour's time folks! Make some free time to learn about video games development from professionals :D!

12. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Next show in 15 minutes! We'll be talking to the teams Awesome Source and Continental Breakfast www.tagplay.com/tagjam2012 #tj12

13. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    These are probably the two most competitive teams at the moment!

14. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Oh man, show 2 was a blast!

The Continental Breakfast and Awesome Source teams brought in some good laughs.

It is already past my bed time though, and I am starting to feel the effects of fatigue!

Next show is in 3 hours 15 minutes and is our exclusive Car Jack Streets 2 discussion. I have got sign off to discuss some exclusive new details about the game!

15. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    In one hours time we will be airing our Car Jack Streets 2 exclusive video podcast. We have a lot to talk about, and not a lot of time, but trust me, there will be some exclusive scoops! It is not too late to ask a question!

16. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Hope you guys enjoyed the Car Jack Streets 2 show. I am going to have a 2 hour sleep....

17. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Great show with the guys from team Infamous 5 and Vikings! (In Tophats)!

Up next in three hours time we will be airing a video podcast with the final team Tea Total as well as a discussion with the lead designer of Funpark Friends!

Not one to miss!

18. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Our Funpark Friends show and meet team Tea Total is coming up in an hour folks!

19. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
  20. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Is there a video of the CJS2 discussion?