Melon Golf Difficulty?!?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tic7, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Tic7

Tic7 Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Why is this game sooo difficult?

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    can you stay par/under on every hole?

If you mean easy as in finishing the game, yes but you could have a terrible score

4. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Its easy, just use basic arithmetic, Find the right power and angle, using the square root of pi (3.14159265), calculate the trajectory, divide that by 2, and add the radius of the ball. Then calculate air resistance and friction and you have yourself a hole in one!

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You forgot to take into account inopportune phone calls when you're trying to aim the melon, and the iPhone's battery spontaneously imploding and shattering the screen so a tiny piece of glass shoots into your eye.

6. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Oh yes, I almost forgot. Subtract the amount of money it takes for surgery, and then divide your chances in half... that should do it.

7. Tic7

Tic7 Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I've been stuck on a few boards. One board it took me over a 100 tries.
    Maybe I just suck at it

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    No there is always a learning curve, once you get it after a couple hundred tries, it will probably go to single digits after a second try lol

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't like the fact that harder levels in this game involve luck rather than skill. That cogs level... How the hell can it be completed other than by moving an angle by 0.01 degree and pray? oh how do you collect the star above the moon? Earlier levels actually involved bouncing the melon off the wall to get it to the hole, or launching it along a curved wall to make it slide along the correct path. Those levels are the most rewarding.
    If you have to mindlessly shoot the melon hundreds of times towards the hole hoping that you picked the right angle this time makes the game boring.