Bladeslinger

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Seems very nice. Just got two questions to point:

The camera angle in the combat, there is a chance that you may include some kind of new angle? Seems very close, and many times you were hit by a monster in the back that you didn't even see. Maybe some chance like the combat style in Batman Arkham Asylum. Also i didn't see any kind of block or dodge by the monsters, i hope the combat will be a challenge and not only some kind of beat'em up style.

Thanks for sharing the video and looks pretty nice.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well I just thought that the girl's voice sounded a bit muffled, like it could have been better integrated into the game. That's just a minor issue though! Oh and i would totally vote for another camera angle during combat, this one is too close ;)

3. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Good note. We thought this initially too, and definitely played with a huge variety of camera angles and distances. But I think we've found our sweet spot. Not being able to see all enemies at once is intentional. It adds a lot to the intensity and cinematic beauty in combat, and as a player, you're able to fully manage and deflect everything that comes at you here with skill and practice.

The player has indicators on the screen when an enemy is near but not in view, and indicators when they are about to attack as well, so you can initiate a block or a dodge anytime, and blocking will block attacks in every direction (William has armor front and back). Moreover, there are defensive moves to push enemies back when you're crowded by them in block, and special techniques to damage them even more in the process.

Of course, a game is never "done" so we'll probably keep at refinements of all types as long as people are playing and enjoying the game, and feedback like this is more than welcome. Thanks!

Glad you liked it!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

4. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Agreed. Some of these VO clips weren't recorded in ideal conditions, and we definitely plan to re-record them.

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

5. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    The game looks like a Xbox or PC game rally rally good graphics. But what about the iPhone 5 will it have better graphics and more effects?

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Beta Tester here:
    Excuse me, is there any forum that a beta tester can talk to other testers and developers? There was no invite to a group, and I'm not Recieving any new builds.?

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    PM'd.

8. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    You will need to be registered and request to be added to the private beta forum. So far only one beta build has been released so you shouldn't have missed anything.

9. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    #229 relyes, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    Thanks! Like almost every other developer, we don't have our hands on the iPhone 5 yet, so we can't say what more we can do graphically than we're already doing on the new iPad. However, if we've got more horsepower, there are definitely somethings that will be exciting to add (particle effects, more enemies, weather effects, new shaders to play with, etc.) We're excited to check it out!

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

10. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    It's definitely not tap to move. With one finger touching the screen, you can move the character around as though you had an analog joystick. With two fingers on the screen you can take control of the camera and look around. You can tap on door triggers to move to them automatically if you want, but they aren't always there and you need to take control of the character.

Sorry we weren't able to get iPad 1 or iPod Touch 4. There's just not enough power in those devices for Bladeslinger. Hopefully you'll check it out when you upgrade to something new? We *may* be doing some hardware giveaways around launch:D

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

11. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Will we see this game by the end of September ? :) or early October?

12. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Not in September (unless you happen to be in our soft-launch territory), but October is looking pretty good :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

13. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Nice! Been looking forward to this release for many months now. :D

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Where is your soft Launch territory. Please tell me you mean queens, New York. Lol

15. relyes

relyes Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Kerosene Games
    San Francisco
    Haha! I wish :)

Brett
    @kerosenegames
    kerosenegames.com

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
  17. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    that would be glorious :D

18. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Owww yes please this is a frickin Awesome Game!!!

19. Mekklesack

Mekklesack Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Here is an up to date retween from Kerosene games from a few days ago with new footage of Badeslinger. https://twitter.com/ifpswarfare/status/247162574385332224

20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    that video was posted a few pages back actually