Perfect Balance: Harmony for iPhone/iPod Touch, out pretty soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Hi guys!

After our flash physics balance puzzle game called Perfect Balance got a pretty warm welcome in flash games sites around the world we decided to create a special version of the game for iPhone/iPod Touch: Over 60 new puzzles, better graphics and controls, and an unlockable bonus mode. Now the name is Perfect Balance: Harmony. Inferno and Perfect Balance 2 are in production. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ZcJ9Mbpok

For more info, news and the flash version of the game, please check out our www-site: http://www.ttursas.com

We just need to do some paperwork, and the game should be out next week!

Attached Files:

2. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    so its like the flash game super stacker (2)?

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    looks pretty cool.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    So pretty much you're giving Topple 2 a run for its money.

Graphics are stylin so I might pick this up.

5. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    ah sweet i played this on kongregate, will definitely buy it

6. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Yes but only much better. ;) In Super Stacker (2) you can't see the shapes that are coming (some numbers wtf?!), you need to stack them in the given order, and you cannot rotate them. Pretty limited to my taste. :p

7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Topple with better controls? :) Depending on the price I might get it upon release.

8. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Thanks for the support, man! ;) And the price shouldn't be a show stopper, the game is going to be _almost_ free. ;)

9. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    zzz

Apple sure thing is taking their time, the game's status has been "pending contract" for over a week now. The game was complete on 1st of March, and I submitted it 4th of March...

Anyway, while waiting for the game to come out, we quickly put together a 30 level level pack (flash 9). Perhaps too quickly (two evenings) as we missed a couple of bugs. But I'll fix those later today. Just love those Kongregate players keen on whining about every small detail. ;)

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ttursas/perfect-balance-new-trials

Anyway, back to making the sequel to Perfect Balance iPhone, even though the first part hasn't been released. XD

10. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Nice nice nice

Apple still hasn't approved our contract, or it still says "pending contract" on the iTunes Connect page. Really fun. Love it. Apple is spending more time on approving the contract than we did on making the game.

Anyway, while we wait for Apple to make a few clicks, here's another 40 levels of Perfect Balance for flash. Really easy levels this time.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ttursas/perfect-balance-playground

Seems like Perfect Balance for iPhone is gonna be out in April. Or so I hope.

11. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    You did fill in all the relevant information within the Contracts link in iTunes Connect right?

You need to fill in the Contact Info, Bank Info and Tax Info before they even start to process your paid contract.

12. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Yes, I've filled everything they have there, got an EIN from IRS via phonecall, all that, even filled and sent the Japanese tax papers and App Store icon contract thing contract. For some reason they deleted a couple of weeks ago my contact info I had written there, it showed a red cross, but I retyped all the stuff back in...

I tried emailing their tax department (using the email they have on that iTunes Connect tax page), but no response. I wish I could do something here to speed up the process. And I'd love to know what's wrong... But without any feedback from the Apple I'm feeling really negative at the moment. :confused:

13. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Phone them every day until it's fixed.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, Apple, the behemoth that it is, can't even handle simple time-sensitive materials. I'll be looking for the game when released; hopefully not 3 months from now:p

15. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Finally I got a reply from their tax department, and they said everything should be ok. I just wonder what's taking so long then... :confused:

16. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ;) Yeah, well, I guess we can finish Perfect Balance: Inferno for iPhone with 100 new levels (kinda like Perfect Balance 1.5) before Apple manages to do two or three mouse clicks and approve our contract... And we already have some levels for Perfect Balance 2.

17. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Ok, we have 120 levels already in Perfect Balance: Inferno, and the game should be done and complete at the end of this week, latest next week.

And I just checked Perfect Balance: Harmony's iTunes Connect page, now it says "Ready for Sale"!!! Yahoo!!! XD Cannot find the game in the App Store yet, but should be there pretty soon! Sweet! <3

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

WOW, looks good, maybe better than topple..... >:l

19. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Thanks! ;) Well, it's a bit different than Topple, but I do hope that people will like it. :D

20. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland