Horror Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NightHawk64345, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NightHawk64345

NightHawk64345 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    Does anyone know of any horror game for the iPod Touch or iPad that are like Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Penumbra? I included links for those of you who think that I'm referring to a Resident Evil or Dead Space type game, and I have to say, those don't even come close to how scary Amnesia or Penumbra are because you are able to defend yourself in those games.

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Prisoner 84 is pretty good.

3. jenni

jenni New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Horror game released in Feb 2010

The game is called Fear.
    woth playing if you are a horror fan

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Wooo those both games I don't know was released on Mac? I wonder when and how I could not know it yet.

I haven't investigate how good they are and how is the gameplay but from a very quick check of a video it seems not bad.

5. NightHawk64345

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    You don't seem to understand what I'm looking for. Follow the links and you might even need to download the demo for Amnesia to figure it out. I'm looking for an iOS horror game that doesn't have weapons in it.

Both games can run on a Mac, and there is a demo for Amnesia on Steam if you want to try it out.

6. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Yes I check and saw it was relatively recent releases on Steam but didn't quoted the demo. I don't check it often and I'm quite disconnected to PC releases and Mac releases. I'm expecting only one game it's The Witcher 2 but I bet my computer won't run it well. But I also noticed King's Bounty got a new release, seems a Steam only release and there's a campaign editor.

Sooo bad this series never been released anywhere else than on PC.

7. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    going to have to second Prisoner 84.

8. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Resident Evil 4

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm prett sure a crapload of people have already suggested this, but Prisoner 84 actually scared me a bit. There's only 2 guns and they don't come into play all that much.

If you're looking for a horror game without weapons, play Clock Tower on the SNES.. Nothing has or ever will freak me out like that, hopefully. I actually turned it off because it was getting to be a bit too much. Fantastic game, and at least worth watchig a playthrough of. Note that it's Japan only, but theres plenty of translations on the Internet for it.

10. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Aliens titles on PC (some on Mac) are from far the titles that frightened me the most, in fact I never finished any because I get bored of this.

But they are action games so that's different if you end enter in action and repeat again and again same mechanisms you end notice nothing and only get captured by the action. I just gave up those games before this happen.

11. Youjinbo

Youjinbo Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Art Director/Illustrator
    Springfield, MO
    Just talking about scary games. I used to have the first Fatal Frame. It was scary as hell.

12. frothozone

frothozone New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Software developer
    Bothale, Washingtone
    I played a demo of Fear a few days back, and I loved the game. It's worth trying.

13. NightHawk64345

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    Ummm.... guys, I was looking for iPhone and iPad games, not SNES, PC, or Xbox games. And Qasim, I wasn't looking for Resident Evil. I guess I'll have to try Prisoner 84 because it sounds like it's pretty scary.

14. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    OK you might laugh at this, but Aftermath really scared the crap out of me! I had my Shure headphones on, and waiting at the ferry pier, and I jumped TWICE from the sound of zombies rushing me from behind! I'd say its more like Silent Hill in the darkness of the town, rather than Resident Evil's blast-a-thon, so this gets my vote.
    Having said that, I'm not sure when I'll ever play this again, as I'm just too scared of it!

15. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    my favorite is silent hill:D

16. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Prisoner 84 is definitely one of the downright scariest games on iPhone. Others worth checking out are Antistar 3D Rising (not a horror per se, but has a really eery atmosphere and is quite creepy in parts), N.Y.Zombies (some great jumpy moments!), and the upcoming Forgotten Memories from the devs of Dead Strike.

17. NightHawk64345

Apr 19, 2010
    Student
    TuoFort, Badlands
    Forgotten Memories looks like the kind of game that I am looking for. Aftermath doesn't look that scary to me, but it still looks like a good duel-stick shooter, so I'll try that one too.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I agree with pablo, Silent Hill: The Escape is a real good one! Surprised nobody else mentioned that one!!

19. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I think the one big turn off with that is the graphics are quite blocky... not sure which is scarier: the eerie atmosphere or the low polygon count! :D
    I tried the Lite version, and yes, it sure was creepy scary, made me tiptoe so slowly through the corridors.... and got hit in the back by i-don't-know-what... but hey, that experience was enough to convince me I could NEVER psychologically survive playing the full game! :p

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sorry to drone about this game, but I encourage people to try Soul if they want a tense experience.