Nintendo should make games for ios.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by handintoaster, Apr 26, 2012.

1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    When I see the success of angry birds and the millions of dollars it has made it makes me think of how successful a mario game could do on the appstore. Not that angry birds and mario are alike but I could easily see mario topping angry birds. I know nintendo only makes games for its own systems but I think they could easily dominate the appstore if they wanted to. I also doubt it would detract from 3ds sales if they only release a very few number of games.

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    This I can actually agree on. If they released a bunch of classic games like the original Mario and Donkey Kong and stuff like that, they'd do insanely well, probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Just the name would sell itself. But there's no way we can hope for anything but some classic mario or donkey kong type games...

3. We can't hope for anything, period. Nintendo seems very adamant about not developing for mobile devices.

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    You can always hope mate ;). But nah, I don't expect anything within the next year or two for sure. After that I think we'll start to see at least a small attempt by nintendo on the app store, as they test the waters with something incredibly simple or something like that.

5. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I wasn't saying that they might I said they should. It would be only beneficial for them imo.

6. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If the stupid and selfish apple ever developed a controller for IOS device, then we'd probably already got some same quality mario rip-off or even better games.
    I don't expect games from ninetendo personally, once I can get same fun from same quality games I don't care about the title that much.

7. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    Indefinitely agree. One game I feel could be VERY perfect for the iOS and worth a more premium price is a nicely done gyroscopic or hard controlled joy stick + buttons for moves.....(Drum roll ) MARIO KART. I mean seriously AND if they add multiplayer capabilities, even between within network/Bluetooth means, that would be awesome.

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    LOL @ thread

Neva...gonna...happen. Not so long as they're still making their own hardware.

/thread

9. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    If i had a nickel every time I saw a TA post about nintendo making on iOS game...

10. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    better chance of nintendo making their own phone.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #11 Darth Ronfar, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Pretty much as asking for Mario on xbox not quite but almost...

Apple and Nintendo are competitors both trying to open up the gaming world to everyone meaning casuals... Except that isn't exactly nintends plan anymore now there on phase 2, Wii U, go hardcore while maintaining some casual friendly stuff. On the other hand excpect Sony &microsoft to expand it's casual Ideals(it's not a definite but maybe I guess)

Apple will be vying for a spot on the console market...they already have the controller (iPad) and the screen (apple tv) all they have to do is gear they're plans in that direction. Kind of like real racing 2...think of that as apple's Mario, only because it has utilized the iPad appleTV connection the bEst...

Sounds famiar right, a smaller screen for a controller and then a bigger screen.

On topic, that will not happen ever unless they merge or form an alliance or sumthing I dunno....

12. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    I can't see this happening in the immediate future. But they have just posted a huge loss for the last financial year. Now if the Wii U bombs when it's released and I'm talking Dreamcast levels here, maybe they might go the way of Sega and go software only. But that is going have to be a very big If.

13. KristinWard

KristinWard New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Games

True enough, they certainly had basically cornered the market for handle held games. You would think that they would be pretty good at that. However I doubt we will see anything for them, at least for a while. They make more money selling their handles like the DS then they would making apps.