Glow HD is on sale, but the comments in the AppStore have me hesitating.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Anyone have this game? There is one review for the newest version, which gave it one star, saying that a full screen advert has been added.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm also looking at lightopuss and Osmosis, now that the later can be played on an iPhone. Any other artistic games to be recommended (from what I've read, Nilhunbra sounds like it will just frustrate the hell out of me)?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #2 pluto6, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    You might look at Kometen. Very artistic, zen. Not for everyone though, but beautiful, controls well, peaceful.
    I assume you have seen or heard of Superbrothers:Sword and Sorcery as well. Also very artistic with a phenomenal soundtrack.

I have Glowfish HD, and I don't see any ads other than a small icon on the main screen for Glowfish2, and another button for "more games". I don't have the iPhone version though. I can't say about the free version. MumboJumbo is a pretty good publisher though, and it does not make a lot of sense for them to put advertisements in the middle of their games. Also, none of the other MJ games have inappropriate ads. Although, I only have iPad, or universal versions.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Cool, I'll grab it, thanks.

4. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Are you talking about Glowfish?

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I believe so. When I looked at the Glowfish review, the issues discussed by the OP were in the negative review - so I made an assumption.

However, Kometen is a great title for art / play. Another similar one to Glowfish is Aquaria by Semi Secret Software.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Let me know what you think if you remember. Kometen was a bit of a sleeper, but a lot of people enjoyed it. I think the TA thread reflects that. I continue to enjoy it.