[Free App] Infinite Music

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stipus, Jan 22, 2017.

1. stipus

stipus Member

Jan 20, 2017
    France
    I'm the french (sorry about my english) developer of the Infinite Music application, and I would like to know what you think about these original features for a music player.

Infinite Music uses audio analysis technologies to find the tempo, rhythm and split each song into many small audio sequences that are dynamically linked together to create new songs that can play endlessly.

- You can play your favorite songs like a never ending remix that will always be different.
    - You can create automatic mashups from a playlist, album... Infinite Music can jump from one song to another when they are acoustically similar.
    - You can remix your music yourself, by rating audio transitions, those you like, and those you want to avoid.
    - You can manage a playlist for each activity. Using accelerometer data analysis, Infinite Music can detect if you are in your car, on a bike, resting, running or walking, and can automatically play songs according to your activities.
    - You can also go running, and Infinite Music will play the songs that best match your running pace. If you are running at 120 steps / minute, Infinite Music will search your library for 120 BPM songs. If you don't like the song, you can use your legs as a remote... accelerate to 122 steps/ minute, and you'll get a new song matching your new rhythm !
    - If you have Philips Hue lights, you can enjoy a dynamic light show, based on the playing music spectrum analysis.
    - Of course you can also play your music in a normal way... Infinite Music supports portrait and landscape modes (unlike Apple Music app), supports multi-tasking, background audio, 3d-touch, playing mp3 email attachments, iCloud drive or Dropbox audio files...

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, Infinite Music is not yet compatible with streaming sites for legal reasons (Youtube, Spotify, Deezer...). I have a version of Infinite Music that technically works with some streaming sites, but I can't release it until legal agreements have been signed...

Try it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinite-music-rediscover/id1150329572?mt=8

Please tell me what you think.

stipus

2. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Digging the BPM feature

3. stipus

stipus Member

Jan 20, 2017
    France
    For the BPM feature to work better, you may want to compute the BPM of your entire media collection.

1) Play any song and choose the activity button (upper left).
    2) Tap the "grub tempo for entire media library" button, and confirm.

This might take a while (it depends one your CPU and the size of your Media Library). A 10GB media library takes about 30 minutes to be processed with an iPhone 7. You can watch progress, and stop the process if you want so.
    Once done, you can find all your music in the "Songs by Tempo" section.

3) When you are ready to run, choose the activity button again, and activate step tracking.

You can then start running, and Infinite Music will play the songs that best match your steps.

If you don't like one of the songs, you can use your legs as a remote... just accelerate or slow down a bit, and Infinite Music will choose another song that matches your new rhythm.

You can also use this feature while walking, but you have to walk very regularly or adjust the "margin" setting, so that Infinite Music doesn't play a new song each time your rhythm changes.

Best regards,

stipus

4. stipus

stipus Member

Jan 20, 2017
    France
    Version 1.1 is now available

I'm pleased to inform you that a new version is available with many improvements:

- Audio analysis improvements for a better tempo detection
    - Jumps between audio sequences respect the song tempo
    - In step tracking mode, the app plays tracks with the best rhythm
    - When you launch the app, a mashup of selected tracks automatically plays

Best regards,

stipus

5. stipus

stipus Member

Jan 20, 2017
    France
  6. stipus

stipus Member

Jan 20, 2017
    France
    Infinite Music 1.4 is now available from the App-Store.

The app is now optimized for iPhone-X and dark-mode compatible.

Best regards,

stipus