Max Williams/maximile, where are youuuu? :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Perhaps this was my mistake, but I've been reading through my topic history, and I stumbled across the topic for Coins!. It was a Peggle-inspired game where you drop a ball down and it releases coins, then the coins get added to your wallet or something, and you could buy stuff in the shop.

Absolutely an incredible little gem that not nearly enough people bought.

Well, I checked iTunes to see what was up lately with Coins!, and it is gone. It has disappeared! I checked AppShopper and it's gone on there too. :( I came back here and creeped the Coins! thread, and found the developer's post in there. I checked their recent posts to see if they had been up to anything lately, and nothing...

What happened, Max Williams? Where are you? :( Why is Coins! gone? Why did you leave the App-making world? What size shoe do you wear?

All these questions, and more, will be answered... probably never. :(

Anyone know what happened to Max Williams (developer of Coins)/ maximile? :(

2. maximile

maximile Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Hi! Thanks very much for the kind words.

I liked working on iPhone games, and I loved hearing feedback about Coins! It never made me any money though, and I think it would have taken a lot more time and effort to polish it enough to appeal to more people. So rather than let it sit unloved in the App Store, I took it down.

It wasn't wasted time though; my experience with Coins helped get me a programming job in the film VFX industry, which I love. Desmond, who worked on the graphics, is now working as a 3D artist in a game studio. I also occasionally do some game stuff in my free time; here's something I worked on for a competition a while ago: http://udevgames.com/entries/your-story (requires a Mac)

Thanks again!
    Max

3. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Well hello there! :D Thanks so much for the response. I definitely understand your thought process behind taking Coins down. I'm sorry it came to that conclusion, though.

It's good to hear you got a job in film VFX! That's awesome. :)

Oh very cool :) I will definitely check that game out later today!

I honestly wasn't expecting you to reply, but thank you so much for doing so. Good to hear your app development has opened the doors for bigger and better things! :cool:

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #4 Vovin, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

Well, if I am right, you can still re-download your Coins!, if you have bought it before (means also: got for free or per promo code).

Access your iTunes purchase history on you PC/Mac OR click on "Updates" in your App Store app and search for Coins!...
    When you've found it, just click to download it again.

If a developer takes a game down, it will be gone from the iTunes public area, but it's still stored on a purchases server.
    Just apps that infringed a copyright are completely gone, afaik.

5. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I was unaware of this... but I just checked through my purchase history, searched for "Coins", and it returned with no results :(

6. I was looking for summitx recently, anyone know what happened to it?