The fight

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by AlexProbst, Jan 22, 2014.

1. AlexProbst

AlexProbst Member

#1 AlexProbst, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I've been working my ass off in the graphic design of newspapers and magazines for 20 years now, started when I was 17.

A year ago I felt I was really getting nowhere with this job in this dying industry so I decided I wanted to make a living doing what I really love... video games!

And the fight begins!

I had 34 different ideas for 34 different games, finally I settled for something simple and fun that could be done in a 2 man team so I got in touch with a friend in Australia to do the programming and we started our puzzle game called Colorino

The point is... i'm new to this world, this industry and would really like a lot of feedback from everyone with experience developing games

The good, the bad, the ugly... anything that can give me a better perspective on that to expect, how to cope, who and where to fight my fight!

Thanks all for reading this far!
    Alex
    @colorinogame

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Keep your expectations very low and certainly don't rely on your game meaning you can quit your day job.

3. BlindAlbino

BlindAlbino Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I am Co-Founder and Art Director for Blind Albino,
    La Habra Hights, California
    Go for it man! I love seeing more and more artists and designers coming to this genre. And don't be discouraged by any nay sayers.

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I agree with going for it! But still it is important to be realistic and not be crushed if your first game only sells 50 copies. 50 copies is still a lot!!!

5. AlexProbst

AlexProbst Member

yep

Yeah, I'm being realistic, I don't expect to launch the next candy crush and get rich with my first game, If I do I'll patent many word by the way :D

But really, I just want to lear right now, start to build a catalog of high quality games, It's just fun to work on this

Thanks for your comments!

6. BlindAlbino

BlindAlbino Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I am Co-Founder and Art Director for Blind Albino,
    La Habra Hights, California
    Can I patent the word "Game?"

7. AlexProbst

AlexProbst Member

yes you can! :D