iPhone Zombie Mode - Early Game Play video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CockyCulture, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CockyCulture

CockyCulture Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    #1 CockyCulture, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    This is the first game play video for my upcoming game "Zombie Mode."

Its an action platform game where your character is trapped in a room becoming increasingly infested with zombies. If you survive the wave the doors open and you can venture into one of several other rooms or stay in the same room. Currently there are 16 rooms in total. Each time you enter a room one of three things happens, a "standard" wave which is just zombies, a "danger" wave which has additional dangers (this room has the spinning grandfather clock buzz saw), or a "boss" battle.

[​IMG]

I've been working on this since this past September and am aiming to have it wrapped up early this fall.

And lastly, this is a Munny I painted of the main character for fun :)
    [​IMG]

Any thoughts and input (good and bad) would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

2. Thephantom2k1

Thephantom2k1 Active Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Looks promising. Always looking for a good zombie game

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Look great, i saw it same Super Crate Box game?

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    A lot of blood here. I'm sorry but I won't buy this game. :(

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Looking forward play this Game!

6. marco-polo

marco-polo New Member

Jul 23, 2013
    #6 marco-polo, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    too much blood but it look very funny to play :D

________________________________________________________________________________
    housse galaxy s5 galaxy s6 prix

7. CockyCulture

Jan 25, 2012
    Thanks! Funny thing is when I first started working on it the zombie epidemic in the App Store had just started so there wasn't as much zombie game competition lol

It definitely has the same fast, hectic pace. The biggest difference is the enemies come from top and bottom of the screen as well as doors and windows. Also, these guys can follow up stairs and chase you.

Totally understand. I actually didn't realize how much sticks to the floor wall and how quickly it builds up. I may tone that down a bit.

One other thing I meant to note is there is still a couple place holder graphics in this video. In the game over screen the emblem next to your level is just a graphic from COD i grabbed online. That's going to be replaced.

One of the things that happens is when you kill a zombie they leave a pile of chunks behind. You collect these in order to purchase new weapons which can be done between rounds (I'll show this in the next video) .

Thanks again for all the feedback!

8. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Thanks you for reply CockyCulture, i will try it :)

9. Hammer09

Hammer09 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    No!

Bloody is good, don't take it out or tone it down because of those that don't like it.

Have it minimal to suit those that it offends and an option to up the levels to max in settings.

10. CockyCulture

Jan 25, 2012
    Oh, when I say tone it down, i don't mean the instances or even quantity of it. The only aspect I'm tweaking is the amount/opacity that sticks to the floor. I want it to be a slower build up because I've found that if you stay in the same room for more then a couple rounds it becomes much more "muddy" then I was gunning for. I'm a firm believer that if you shoot or stab a zombie, there will be blood :)

11. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Good deal :) the more blood the better, haha if you're worried about the prude or you want to give parents some peace of mind, I would just give them the option to turn blood off if they want . Perhaps it'd be pretty fun to have the option to change the color of the blood as well, haha :)

By the way, the game looks great, I hope it comes out soon because I can't wait to play this.

12. CockyCulture

Jan 25, 2012
    Here's a screen shot of one of the latest rooms. This one has flamethrowers fixed in the wall that fry you and the zombies.

[​IMG]