Universal Cabals: The Card Game (by Kyy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Nov 24, 2011.

1. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Is the developer planning to provide in-game tutorial? Up until now, i have no clue how to play it. Yes you have help function, but learning by playing is different with reading, at least to me. So this game just sits on my iphone but i never play it.

2. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #502 Bloko, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Didn't know about this game, I downloaded it today and enjoyed very much.
    However it keeps crashing sometimes (i.e. when I go to the shop or at the end of an online match). Anyone experiencing the same?
    It's been a little pain. I don't even know if I received the cards I earned since it crashed right after the notices.
    I'm on an iPod touch 4g with no other apps running on multitasking.

The help text is short and clear imo (have you really read it?), but maybe it's because I'm used to the genre. A playable tutorial would be nice for sure.

3. Kyy Games

Kyy Games Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #503 Kyy Games, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Best starting decks would be Danann or Bearclaw.

At some point yes! But before async there will be other features, so not in the upcoming couple months.
    more: http://cabalsgame.com/news.php?news=32

4. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Async is the feature needed the most. I invested a lot of time early on, got up to about 78th on the rankings, but it required way too much time to maintain.

I love the game and am itching to return to it and will, but there's no way I can invest enough sync time to play on a regular basis. Cabals rocks but async rules.

If you haven't played Cabals, you should. You are missing one of the best games in the App store.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #505 Ayjona, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    All of this.

And, as I wrote a few posts up, while there are several real-time multiplayer TCGs for iOS, and at least two good asynchronous card games without any deck construction, trading or collectible aspects (Ascension and Nightfall), there is currently no game for iOS that combines the extreme convenience and accessibility of async with the sense of progression, additional context and incentives, and long-term strategy of deck construction and card collection.

Filling this niche would probably be a durned smart move, and one that might benefit Kyy Games greatly, as more and more players are becoming aware of the wonders of async, and more and more digital trading card gamers come down with a craving to play a good collectible card game at their own convenience and leisure.

A phenomenon that is growing all the more common is that many players will not even look at a turn-based multiplayer title unless it features async. While perhaps a bother and a pain for devs, in the end I believe this will lead to a paradigm shift in online mobile gaming, where people will play online, both casually and competitively, at any time, any point, freed from demands on their time and temporal incompatibilities. Imagine how easy it will be to sell IAP currency and in other ways monetize gaming in this climate ;)

6. Black Adder

Black Adder New Member

May 3, 2012
    The Temple Tournament

The Temple Tournament

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Tournament time!

With the help of our active community member "Mip" a new tournament will be arranged once again. Tournament where only the mightiest ones will survive.

Rules have changed a bit so go and read all about it from Cabals Forum and sign up http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=425.

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I have the crashing issue also and, unfortunately, this is what prevented me from getting interested in the game and taking advantage of the half-off sale last weekend.

8. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Registration ends 12th of May, sign up now!

[​IMG]
    www.cabalsgame.com

9. Rarak

Rarak Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Great game, my favourite on IOS along with Ascension, check it out people!

10. Black Adder

Black Adder New Member

May 3, 2012
    #510 Black Adder, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    Cabals Map Contest

Hi

Now you have a great opportunity to design your own Cabals map.

It's great fun but also you have a chance to make history. The best two maps will be included in the game.

Read more from Cabals forum:
    http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=463

11. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Cabals: The Card Game updated to 1.10

Dual Heroes

Introducing two new dual-faction heroes: Miguel Rosenau the “export merchant” and Boris Kane, a Soviet-Irish radical. These heroes share their loyalties between the two cabals of the primal and dominion alliances. Addressing the problem of high loyalty costs this update will let you explore the full possibilities of dual-colored deck construction.

List of changes:

• Two new heroes
    • New animation
    • Updated menu graphics
    • Upgraded ability activation
    • Minor bug fixing

[​IMG]
    iTunes AppStore
    Android Market
    www.cabalsgame.com

12. Bud

Bud Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    The graphics is fabulous. There is nice thinking of game's creator.

13. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #513 Narziss, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    Okay, here, you want my opinion?

I just picked up this game. First of all, why do you make new players choose between the four characters? All four starting decks should be free. How am I supposed to even figure out which I like? The little description when you choose is useless. I had to register four email accounts to try them all out. This was a hassle, and I already see it deterring tons of players.

The game is hard enough to get into, and there is no tutorial, so why give new players other barriers? I'm the kind of person who has the potential to spend a ton of money on one game, but the problem here is that you don't give new players enough starting materials to get hooked. If you had given me all four decks from the start, I'd play enough for free to get hooked and then spend more.

The bonuses for leveling up are terrible. So I get some junk common card that I already have three of when I level up? I'd rather have some choice. Why don't you introduce players further into the joys of buying from the cabal shop by rewarding them with 10-15 coins per level up instead of some absolutely useless common card (I realize you get uncommons at fives and rares at tens, but I was already bored by the time I was level three).

At least give me a few cards to choose from when I level up. For example, three randomly selected commons/uncommons/or rares and I get to pick one.

This game looks really fun, but I don't think you give new players enough via the free version of the game to get them hooked into actually dishing out some cash for the paid cards.

I can tell that the game has potential, but it makes me nervous to invest money when I haven't really played the game very much, and I can't really tell what the game plays like for me to decide whether I want to spend some real money with so few starting resources that you've given me.

14. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    #514 Narziss, Aug 6, 2012
    C'mon dev, consider it, just read what this guy says here. I agree with him. First thing I even ran into when coming to the official forums....was someone saying what I just said. We need more to actually try the game.

I don't want the four starter decks scattered across four different email accounts, switching between them to see what they have. So tedious and annoying.

Honestly, isn't this completely reasonable and in your interest to make the game more accessible?

I dropped like $50 into SE because what they gave me was enough to get hooked. But with Cabals I don't have enough to make a good judgment.

Kyy mannnn....I love Nietzsche and Heidegger too....so you're seducing me with the flavor text already, but ya really gotta make the barrier to entry lower.

15. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    #515 Narziss, Aug 6, 2012
    Anyway, your collaboration with the Rimelands people is going to be f-ing AMAZING! I'm so excited to drop some RL gold on getting a Cabal DICEBOARD! Rimelands: Hammer of Thor has to be my second favorite iPhone game ever, so I can't wait to see what you guys got together!

[​IMG]

<3

16. ressique

ressique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Narziss, I can understand your anger. If you have questions about the playstyle of the different cabals, just ask me. I can tell you everything - about Nietzsche too. I am an owner of the "Kritische Studienausgabe Colli/Montinari" ;)

17. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    ressique, I sent you a message. I'd really enjoy it if we could discuss about both!

18. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Expansion status update and pictures!

Pictures as attachments.

Done:
    -Two completely new cabals, forming a faction called Nether
    -Two new heroes and 20+ cards for both cabals
    -New graphic look: Cabals logo and menus changed
    -Some minor balancing to a couple of old cards
    -Players will gain more XP from all matches
    -Fixed bug causing online matches reward too little XP