Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I have some Flecto, Templum, Pictoris, Figularis, Papilio and Tabula ready to send. I need to do some place so will sell them tomorrow. Just post here and add me as your friend if you need any of them. My GC ID is meplie. I am looking for a Royal Tingo Sagitta if anyone has a spare :)

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Nice catch!! The only one I had was a Maroon Tingo so had to take it to the pond, tame and breed. That is really different, I think it is a first.

3. dudette0980

dudette0980 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Can you send me part of the Candy Corns set too? I can breed clunicula and cesti. But can you send me the geminus and persona. Thanks

4. Mindion

Mindion Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Restaurant Owner

ha ha i was just watching mine just around in its habitat, I have a glass chroma and watching its little legs change color every time it jumps is hillarious!

5. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I don't have them. I can send a geminus and persona but not the right ones. Can you breed those?

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ooh, I gotta try that!

7. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I started off dexing by breed, as it was really satisfying to see that 100% when you finished, but I've recently switched to colour, as it's more cost effective, I'm not changing breeding pools constantly, plus I get more frog variety that way - you can get a little sick of seeing the same frog filling your habitats after 368 of them! Of course, you can also get a little sick of the same colour filling your habitats too!

8. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I have sent you a GC friend request, will send you a bunch of frogs as soon as you accept it :)

9. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't really tried both, as I've always done it by breed, in fact I have been going from top to bottom across the Froggydex. But that fits my orderly personality.

I can provide some benefits to doing it by breed:
    1. Watching the percent of that breed climb in the Froggydex is satisfying.
    2. It is really easy to keep track of where you are.
    3. Breeding the same breed with itself produces a net gain in coin value assuming you let them mature.
    4. Having a color wheel of the same breed looks cool in your habitats.
    5. It only takes two habitats to have the full color wheel of 16 secondary colors (of course you do have to move one frog out of the way when your breeder is in there).
    P.S. Nobody asked for my Calyx frogs, so everyone on my list got 1.

10. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    #24730 AndiNZ1970, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Dean, as you know, there's no right or wrong way to fill in the dex (and for the more laid back among us, no need to complete it at all). But I always liked filling in by breed, seeing those numbers racing to 100%.

With the new breeds though, and nearly 100 flies required to tame the highest level frogs, I'll be going back to the method I used to complete the last four breeds of the 'old' dex. It's Quossum's method (not the one with the coloured pencils, the other one), and I guess it's a hybrid - I've picked three breeds (templum, because it's next on the list, Mustacium, because it's Movember and because frogs with mustaches are really weird, and Fortuno to clear one of those highest-level breeds), and will fill each colour group in turn by breeding them with Anuras.

That's after I finish reworking my catalogue with black chromas of the new breeds, anyway. :)

Thanks everyone for the gifts today, I've only accidentally sold two while in the pond so far. Won't ever get back to 100% doing that! :(

PS, I just noticed that with the infinitas today too, it's hilarious. I also love the Palma, it makes me smile every time I see it, because it has handprints on its butt! :D

11. heeranc

heeranc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Hey, I've got the whole set to send to you, didn't want to sell and break it up, but it's also taking up a lot of room, so perfect timing!

Thanks to all who have sent frogs, trying to breed them and send some back; especially to the previous 100% dexers

As for the dexing by breed or by color; I was doing it by breed, but someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that it was great to do by color as you can complete each breed right after another.
    Now I gotta go back to going by breed as I'm only level 20 and if I do it by color, I'll have to go back again when I level up and discover new breeds.

Going from 10% to 5% for me wasn't too bad, cause the goal still seems so far, but I'm having fun getting there.

GC = heeranc80

12. Shortbus123

Shortbus123 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Free Veru color wheel

Took a long time off from playing this game. Trying to clean house and Have a full color wheel of VERU. If you want it let me know. Trying to make room for some new frog breeds.

I am trying to get at least one of every frog.

All my New frogs are in my habitats. If you see something missing and feel like helping I would really appreciate it.

Game Center ID: shortbus123

13. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Back in civilisation I've been hit with an overwhelming intake of gift frogs, thanks so much to all - sc, Cyg, Andi, dean, gobi, lisianne ... and you all know who you are even if I forget for the list :D.

Your combined efforts got all of the new breeds listed in my dex at least! Except for Spira, which did come but I managed to sell it as it arrived while I was jumping left in the pond, don't you hate that! Pretty stoked on balance anyway, even if I did burn through about half my stamps in stopping the constant alerts.

Not so fond of the Infinitas legs issue; I hope it is not intended and will be fixed, but all else seems well.

I am now focusing on dexing Nebulae, so those will be my outgoing gifts for the next week or two. Look forward to them starting tomorrow! Cheers.

14. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    And ... thanks Andi for the Spira I just accepted successfully :D.

One then came up as a request, so I ordered the appropriate anura, then forgot about it, tamed, catalogued and sold the Spira, filled my habs with Nebulae, went back to the mailbox and ... oh! Never mind, I don't have any lime nebulae yet either. And I am now so focused, 128 nebulae fill my habs.

15. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Welcome back! It has been a while. You are not alone, there are many old players returning to the roost.

16. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Two more trick or treat starter sets available, or one complete set. Which ever you would! Please let me know.

17. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Good morning everyone,

Don't forget that today is daylight saving time! Be sure to adjust your clocks.

Welcome back Shortbus, it is good to "see" you again.

FROGGYDEX game - some really good post. The deadline will be at 7:00pm central this evening.

GC friends - I am making my own list so I can have it in alpha order. It is also a good way to see if I missed someone.

Thanks to Andi, Domenic, Quossum, DeanKeith, Auraof and C for the gifts. If I missed any one, thank you.

18. Giroth

Giroth Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Thank you again!

Found some others that I was missing too! Here's what's left now:
    Pluma
    Aceris
    Tabula
    Spira
    Dimidius
    Favus

If anyone has any of those, please send them my way
    I have this weeks set to gift out and some mustacium, nebulas, nodares, and foramen
    Thanks!

19. dudette0980

dudette0980 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    #24739 dudette0980, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    OK THANKSSSS!!!!

And meplie um nevermind I got the set already

20. dudette0980

dudette0980 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    THANKSSS!!!! Do you want me to send it back to you? or give it to someone else???