Holy rusted metal, Batman! - It's RoboDash

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Acumen, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    This our little collaboration of songTan and myself working on a unity3d title with the working title RoboDash (Pretty sure the name is taken on some place, some time on this planet).

The game will feature a lot of minilevels that players have to finish in a certain amount of time, while collecting stuff or hitting checkpoints. Similar to BikeBaron in a way (me being a huge fan :D)
    There will be a handful of powerups and obstacles to make up for interesting little mini challenges - hopefully :D
    We were inspired by some old cartoons, mixed with retro/vintage vibe. One thing you can see is the "whooosh" effect that I loved about the old batman series. We like to test something like that and implement it into the game, if we manage to pull it off.

I hope to upload a first video soon, with some actual game footage. Slowly getting it into shape, implementing all the assets and whatnot !

We hope all you kind TA people dig these first screens !
    If you have any questions, we'd love to answer these immediately :)

This is what our current main menu looks like:
    [​IMG]

This is our first environment set:
    [​IMG]

And something that is put aside atm, a futuristic scenery:
    [​IMG]

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Looking good! I think I'll enjoy this better than BB. Can't wait to get more updates!

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hey! You fooled me with batman in the title. :) the game looks nice anyway though.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks good. Looking forward to how the game really plays out. :)

5. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    hey guys, the initial positive reactions shows that we're on the right track.
    As to how it plays out. Hehe, that is one tough battle atm. We're not on the same page what the actual level/gameplay should be and feel like atm ;)
    One wants quite long tracks, one prefers shorter versions. We've just exchange the new rock assets, so we can actually start to build some more serious levels.

Gonna be really exciting. I plan to post the early stuff too, since I think you can't start soon enough to share your progress, once you have a certain foundation. Hope it works out in the end *shivering*

Hope we won't disappoint you :)

6. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Alright, as with most projects that I end up working for, this one was put on hold for quite some time. I feel like I've been cursed - still no game on the app store after all that hard work.
    I purchased an iPad2 last week, finally - and was able to test it on the device. After coming up with a bunch of effects I'm gonna record a little of me playing it, so you can finally see the game and not some still images, that we all love and cherish so much *cough*

Anyways, RoboDash got a overhaul and so I present you the pretty much final menu stuff - hope you enjoy what you see !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Liking what I see, and hopeful to see some footage soon. And very hopeful this will make it to release! :)