Universal Skyline Skaters by Tactile Entertainment

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Love the Rio update, love the new background design and especially really enjoying the new level layout and different paths to add new challenges

When getting Super Skate in the sky the GOAL and RIO designs are fun and unique

Also appreciate you making the unlockable character purchasable via coins and not bucks which are super hard to come by especially since now you get coins in the chest instead of bucks every time like before

The fact that this game doesnt get the attention it deserves is criminal

Put in alot of hours so far into this game and while playing on my brother's iPad the ads do get a bit annoying before each game I unlocked ad free play on my iPhone so it doesnt really bother me

Keep up the good work and cant wait for more characters and what i really want is more power ups ive maxed out all the power ups and boards

2. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Any word on a new update?

Sitting on 4.5M coins and 275 dollars need some new characters to spend it on!

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    We are hard at work on the next update - I think you'll like it :)

4. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Like the update, bought all the boards and fully maxed them out and got the new character but still like Ninja the best

When we gonna get a new surrounding besides Brazil next udpate?

5. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009
    New update!!

Hi guys we have just made a HUGE update to the game :) Check out the high lights below:

• Skyline Scooters: Try out the awesome Kick Scooters for your skaters – new cool tricks and moves!

• San Francisco: New beautiful setting – skate in the bay area at night time or day!

• World Leagues: Jump on a Kick Scooter to compete against other players around the world. Rise in the ranks and win sweet prizes!

• New Character: Ernie - rebounds like a yo-yo when falling down a rooftop!

• Tokens: Collect tokens while skating to unlock new characters, scooters and more!

• New Daily Events: Complete missions to win prizes on a daily basis!

• Power-ups: Enhance your power-ups even further! Upgrade to level 12 and become more powerful than ever before!

• Character level cap raised to 75! 25 more levels mean greater bonuses to obtain!

• Many tweaks and fixes!

6. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Wish it was easier to get Ernie

Been playing for hours and only have 10 tokens for Ernie

Also not a fan of having to pay 300,000 coins for each of my characters above level 25/50 before moving on

7. MacDaddy

May 4, 2009

Hi MrGreed, we are trying to be very generous with our tokens - while still giving players a long term goal :) We have have also filled the Gearboxes with tokens - which can be bought for the coins collected in the game :)

8. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Alot of crashing even before i downloaded iOS 8

I start the game and it crashes back to home screen

Im on an iPhone 5 with only 8 other downloaded apps

Also another huge issue is everytime i receive a call or leave the game to text, when i go back to the game it starts over from scratch deleting my run and acting as if the game wasnt open and i was just clicking it open for the first time. Losing a long run bc someone called me is very annoying.

9. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Took your advice about the Gear Boxes

I spent 500K coins and bought 100 gear boxes

Received:
    - 4 character tokens
    - 3 scooter tokens
    - At least 30-40 1,000 coins reward
    - Rest were powerups that are available for free by watching ads before a game starts

For the cost of the gear boxes the good rewards (aka character n scooter tokens) are VERY RARE

I, as well as many others prefer to spend coins to buy characters not play the game for hours to come up empty handed

I play quite often and am sitting at 45 Scooter tokens and 50 Ernie tokens

10. MrGreed

Feb 2, 2012
    Finally was able to grab a screenshot of one of the biggest glitches in the game

No matter how i play this section of two ramps in a row it always lags and freezes and my run ends

Doesnt matter if my phone has 0 apps open, it always slightly lags leading to an imprecise jump and a crash into the rooftop spycam

I have an iPhone 5 with roughly 80% of the hard drive free

Attached Files:

11. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Has cloud saves been introduced into the game? I didn't see it listed anywhere and I'm hoping I might have overlooked it. I would love to come back to the game, but... cloud saves not being in the game will be the only reason I don't.

12. Ultimatix

Ultimatix Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Germany
    #72 Ultimatix, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    I tried this Game tonight and the Frame Rate lag annoys me. Look at this Video to see what i mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7TZoc6cwQ

Look at the Buildings and Windows down the screen and you can see the lag. It would be much more fun if it would run smoother at 60FPS

Does someone knows at which Framerate this game runs?

Edit: Why do i get an Ultra hard Mission (skate 7.000 Meters in ONE game) as a Newbie? As a newbie my best Meters was 1.000. How should i handle 7.000? :D