Universal Infinite Flight - Flight Simulator (by Flying Development Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kpao

kpao Active Member

We didn't have any issues with iOS 5.0, it seems like this started with 5.1. We're looking into it, it'll get fixed eventually, as an avid user myself, this has been bugging me as well :)

--
    Matt

2. kpao

kpao Active Member

We're aware of the issues happening when entering unusual attitudes. I'm responsible for the flight model so this is my area. Optimizations of the low lift situations is on my plate for future updates :)

--
    Matt

3. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    It's great to see you taking these comments on the chin, and acknowledging them. As a developer myself I hate to write negative comments on a forum like this, but I think it's only fair to be honest. I'm really looking forward to your future updates.

4. kpao

kpao Active Member

It's only fair, the sim is its early days still, and we're still tuning things. Being on iOS for 4 days has brought more feedback than 11 months on Windows Phone, we need to process it all, prioritize and execute.

We're already fixed the multitasking issues this morning, it won't make it into the next update but the one after that since we already pushed 1.1. And at the moment, I'm working on fixing the rudder and unusual attitude issues. I probably won't be able to fix them all unfortunately but I'll try :)

Thanks a lot for your comments :)

5. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    The inverting of the left/right controls happens when I end a flight with a plane and then select another plane. Then the controls will automatically invert. If I go back and select the first plane again, the controls will work again. Sometimes the controls gets inverted when I end a flight and start a new flight with the same settings. So unfortunately I can’t point out a single and specific situation where the problem occurs.

I'm using a iPhone 4S 16 GB with iOS 5.1

6. kpao

kpao Active Member

Just to confirm, did you change the orientation of the device in the mean time? (home button on the left to right or vice versa)

7. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Please, can you add multi-touch support in a future update? When landing, I like to keep my thumb on the throttle so I can adjust it without looking across at it, but then I can't adjust the flaps at the same time.

8. kpao

kpao Active Member

Yes, that's on my plate, I'm finishing some work on the map and I'll try to stick this one in.
    It's bugging me too :)

9. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    No I didn't change the orientation at all. Maybe I should delete the App and install it again? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem. :)

10. kpao

kpao Active Member

You shouldn't have to uninstall, when this happens, can you go in the menu (tap on screen and tap on "Menu" then "Calibrate")

Let me know if this fixes it, thanks :)

11. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    I have tried that when the problem occurs but it doesn't help. I will try to see if I can locate some specific situations that may cause the controls to invert. If I find some new details I will let you know. Thanks for all the replies. :)

12. kpao

kpao Active Member

Awesome, thanks!

Some questions for when it happens again:
    When you activate the helper yoke (the transparent control), does it also rotate inverted when you move left/right? (or is it only the airplane doing the wrong thins)
    How about when you push/pull, is this also inverted?

Thanks
    Matt

13. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    The yoke helper is activated and it does also rotate inverted when the problem occurs. It's only the left/right controls that gets inverted. Not the push/pull. :)

14. kpao

kpao Active Member

Thanks, I'll try to repro that. Let me know if you have a repro steps on your end :)

--
    Matt

15. kpao

kpao Active Member

Me again, is there any chance you could send me a video of this control inversion?
    I've tried for 1hr with no luck...

Matt

16. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Sorry for the late response. The problem seems solved now. The invoked left/right controls still occurs, but not as often as before, and when it happens I can now use the "Calibrate" from the Menu. That didn't worked for me before the new update. Maybe it was just me? But I'm so happy that the problem suddently got solved. :D I'm having a great time with this game now.

17. kpao

kpao Active Member

It should technically still happen, but we have a fix coming in 1.2 :)

Matt

18. gapman

gapman New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Am I Missing The Weather ?

The game is great, but there do not seem to be any clouds and no settings for storms or bad weather. Is this a feature to be added later or is there a setting I don't see. All there seems to be are settings for is wind. Thanks/

19. kpao

kpao Active Member

Thanks, we're working on it. The issue with clouds is the performance across all devices. The iPad 2 and 3 should be fine, but for older devices, displaying lots of translucent clouds might be an issue.
    We want to make this right and not rush something out the door.

We are in talks with a very well know team in the Flight Simulation world to create very cool clouds, so they are coming soon! :)

--
    Matt

20. jhpd22

jhpd22 New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Really like the app.

As a pilot (although not current and just no time to fly) I really like this app!! Pretty fun to fly and shoot approaches into the different airports. I like to turn the visibility all the way down and fly the ILS into airports. The problem that I have is that sometimes, the ILS doesn't always show up when I'm trying to intercept it. Is there a trick to get the ILS displayed or do you have to add the airport to your flight plan? Any chance of integrating approach plates into the game? Or some east coast airports?

Thanks,
    Shawn