Ascension by Playdek is free!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1 Greyskull, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012

Ascension: Deckbuilding Game

Playdek, Inc.
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect he…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect her legendary weapons, and return order to her world! Use the Insight resources and Dreamborn cards to save the Dreamscape. Bind Monsters to your deck and use them in battle! Transform cards into incredible Heroes and Constructs and acquire Pasythea! Pair Deliverance with Dreamscape and Delirium for an even more exciting game! Ascension: Deck Building Game, is the award winning deck building card game for mobile. Play alone or with friends to battle against the Fallen One for honor and victory. Conceived and designed by Magic: The Gathering tournament champions, Ascension will provide hours of engaging and strategic game play for enthusiast and experienced gamers alike. 2011 Golden Geek award winner (Best Mobile/Handheld Game) Pocket Gamer Bronze Award 2011 Dice Tower Awards Awards: Best Digital Boardgame Best Interface and Graphic Design - 2011 Best Online Multiplayer - 2011 Highlights: • Universal Application: Plays on phones and tablets • Beautifully detailed cards • Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games • Cross-platform online play • Play against multiple offline A.I. opponents • Multiple expansions available to purchase to expand the Ascension experience! *AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY.* Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service. Also by Playdek: - Twilight Struggle - D&D: Lords of Waterdeep - Fort Sumter - Fluxx Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us at: [email protected] You can follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram! Facebook: /playdek You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/playdek Twitter: @playdek Instagram: @playdek
    Information
    Seller:Playdek, Inc.
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Jun 29, 2011
    Updated:Dec 13, 2022
    Version:2.4.16
    Size:1.0 GB
    User Rating: (79)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Sorry, no link at the moment. I just couldn't believe this wasn't posted...maybe it isn't free yet? I already own it, so going to the appstore doesn't tell me anything.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea it's free. Any good cause I couldn't get into the others?

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    free indeed! excellent game!

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Say what!!!! Now this is a bargain. I paid full price for this and bought all the expansion packs, this is easily my favourite card game.

5. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Still my favorite game on iOS.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'll lock in the license... not sure it's for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

7. Ascension: Deckbuilding Game

Playdek, Inc.
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect he…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***Deliverance Expansion Now Available!** Dark forces have taken over the Dreamscape. Team up with Pasythea, collect her legendary weapons, and return order to her world! Use the Insight resources and Dreamborn cards to save the Dreamscape. Bind Monsters to your deck and use them in battle! Transform cards into incredible Heroes and Constructs and acquire Pasythea! Pair Deliverance with Dreamscape and Delirium for an even more exciting game! Ascension: Deck Building Game, is the award winning deck building card game for mobile. Play alone or with friends to battle against the Fallen One for honor and victory. Conceived and designed by Magic: The Gathering tournament champions, Ascension will provide hours of engaging and strategic game play for enthusiast and experienced gamers alike. 2011 Golden Geek award winner (Best Mobile/Handheld Game) Pocket Gamer Bronze Award 2011 Dice Tower Awards Awards: Best Digital Boardgame Best Interface and Graphic Design - 2011 Best Online Multiplayer - 2011 Highlights: • Universal Application: Plays on phones and tablets • Beautifully detailed cards • Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games • Cross-platform online play • Play against multiple offline A.I. opponents • Multiple expansions available to purchase to expand the Ascension experience! *AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY.* Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service. Also by Playdek: - Twilight Struggle - D&D: Lords of Waterdeep - Fort Sumter - Fluxx Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us at: [email protected] You can follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram! Facebook: /playdek You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/playdek Twitter: @playdek Instagram: @playdek
    Information
    Seller:Playdek, Inc.
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Jun 29, 2011
    Updated:Dec 13, 2022
    Version:2.4.16
    Size:1.0 GB
    User Rating: (79)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

8. Normally don't like card games, but will give this a whirl.

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, it's not a card game, it's a CCG (collectable card game), quite different from say, poker. Actually, it's a deck builder; in other words, the person who spends the most money on decks doesn't win by default. In fact, you can't buy decks. Expansions, yes. But everyone has the same cards. Much more of a strategy game than a card game.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Definitely my most played iOS card game, a must have!

11. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Duuuuuuude.

Bought it and all expansions as they came out, and love it. Still my favorite quick card game on iOS.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same... This, and Summoner Wars.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Not a fan of cards games... still worth my DL?

14. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I like it, even though I don't know what I'm doing :p
    I did win the first game.

And Oh. My. God. You're the most annoying person here.

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Um. Ok... I'll take that as a Yes, then? :D

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Haven't played it much lately..but also my favorite card game. Bought the expansions but haven't had time to play it much yet...

17. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Wouldn't have expected this. I really like this game.

18. bititch

bititch Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Definitely one everyone should pick up. Make sure you grab the expansions if you find this even remotely interesting, since they add a lot to the game.

19. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Always wanted to get this, just because of the look of it. Can't go wrong with the price of free.

20. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #20 Juuicetin, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Wow, I never expected this game to be free! This is my single favorite iOS game. I love everything about it. It even motivated me to start playing the physical card version with some of my non-iOS device friends. I need to go run and tell everybody I know to download it now.

If you didn't catch my drift, it's definitely a steal!!