Any easier/fair TD games out there???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by proof21, Jul 29, 2012.

1. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I find a lot of TD games up their difficulty about mid way through the campaign in order to push you to buy IAP, worst offenders of this are Elf Defence and Lost Earth, in which the easy setting even becomes too difficult to complete without IAP.

The one TD game I found to be fair was Kingdom Rush....which is the best of the best anyways. Creeps was also fair, but some of the bosses seemed way too hard to defeat.

So is there any good TD game out there that isn't pushing for IAP and actually has a fair difficulty?

Thanx

2. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    was just about to say kingdom rush rofl.

have you tried fieldrunners1/2?

3. proof21

May 25, 2012
    I stopped playing Feild RUnners 2 after Bizaare BAzare........no game should be that challengIng on a casual difficulty.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Plants vs Zombies?

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    One of my first recommendations is always: The Creeps. A real classic.
    Fantastic TD with lots of themes and levels and a very devoted dev. IAP is only for some additional level packs.

If you wanna play from a different perspective, try Anomaly: Warzone Earth. It's a TD game, but you're on the attacker's side. Gorgeous graphics and intelligent level design make this game worthwhile.

Another nice TD I can always recommend is geoDefense, and for people who like open field: geoDefense: Swarm. This is a bit harder but the strategic possibilities to finish a level are endless.

Other fair TD games are the ones from the Sentinel series, especially Sentinel 3. They come with gorgrous visuals and nice tweaks in gameplay.

Last but not least, you might check out Gem Keeper and GemCraft.

Most of the games I mentioned have lite versions. Try them before buying the full versions to see if they're your cup of tea.

6. proof21

May 25, 2012
    Hi thanx for your very informative response, do the Sential series have IAP? Also is Gem Keeper a bit manageable compared to something like elf defense?

One last question, how did you find Jelly defence?

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #7 Vovin, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

First of all, I remembered another fair TD: Guns 'n' Glory. It's a western TD with desperados and stuff, really nice done and a refreshing setting. Because the towers are gunmen, you can even move them around. Quite cool.

Jelly Defense... is somehow very unique with a music theme that won't leave your ear for a while, It's good, but becomes really hard in the later levels. You need some serious strategy for it. But in design and art, it stands out. This game is a pure matter of taste.

The Sentinel games have IAP - purely optional, not for currency or upgrading - you can check the IAPs directly in the Appstore. It's more a help to speed up the game. Unlock all armor, get a power armor for your general or maxed out wespons.

Gemcraft is very cool because you have an unique upgrade system with gems, as the name predicts. It's very customisable. Not a gem in terms of graphics, but the core game stands out.

Gem Keeper... uhm... I just rememered as ok, but it's too long that I actually played it. Just noted you to it. You might check out the touchArcade forum thread for this game. I want to avoid telling you wrong things just based on my assumption.

OOPS: just remembered another favourite of mine and heavily underrated TD: "Towers in Space!"
    Humourous campaign you'll maybe laugh your ass of and a mix of open field/fixed path TD. Hilarious.
    Gets really really difficult later (after lvl 5) but has no IAP.

Approx. a year ago, there was a thread where a member compiled a list with nearly all TD games, their themes, maps and type, but I can't really remember with thread that was.

8. proof21

May 25, 2012
    Thanx a lot, I decided to buy sentinel and gem keeper, and I am enjoying both of them quite a bit :)

I also got P Vs Z......it's meh so far, a bIt slow.

Also do u have any favorite side scrolling TD games, maybe something simIlar to Army of DArkness?

9. djones145

djones145 Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Trolls and Towers HD is quite good
    u need gems to upgrade but u get that in game and also by downloading apps, i've gotten most upgrades without IAP. Spice bandits is good too, IAP but u can get it ingame.
    Fantasy Defence, toy defence
    most of these u can grind to get upgrades without IAP