tired of seeing across age topics

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sdmiracle, Oct 28, 2010.

1. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    man, is this game so hard that so many "newcomers" with no more than 10 posts keeping pushing up the topic and opening new treads asking about questions?
    plus those new comers don't even talk after they asked that question, what's going on?

if so many people got stuck in the game that means it is not a good game at all.

i am tired for always seeing across age topics around. i started to hate this game and all the games by that publisher.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Wait, so because they made a game that's actually good enough and deep enough for people to come discuss it on a forum you hate all FDG games? What?

3. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    go in the across age topic, check the last few pages, i don't really consider that is discuss. so many "newcomers" and they are only playing across age? u gonna be joking.

IMO, a good rpg game sould lead the player clearly what to do next. According to that topic, it doesn't seems the game itself explaining well to let people know what to do next.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

When you search for "Across Age Help" on Google, 8 of the results on the first page are for the TouchArcade forum. It does tell you where to go next, but it doesn't hold your hand. Across Age is easily one of the best action RPG's on the App Store.

5. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    what i mean is for a good game u don't need to look up walk through on the internet or some where else. they should guide the player in the game.

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Then it's too easy. A good game, in my opinion, should be challenging. It should make the player think of what to do next. The game shouldn't have to hold onto the player's hand to tell them to do this, to do that, to go here, to go there.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Agreed. I hate having a game hold my hand through the entire game. It should give you a good idea of what you need to do, but let you accomplish that yourself.

And this thread is pretty contradictory... You made a thread to complain about the threads about Across Age, which in effect turns into a thread about Across Age.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

How old are you that you think this? Some of the best video games of all time were brutally difficult RPG's that didn't hold your hand through the entire game, and actually figuring out where to go, or looking up what to do next was half the fun. Games like the classic Final Fantasies, Zeldas, and others were so much better than games now which often quite literally have an arrow at the top of the screen showing you which direction to go next.

I can only applaud FDG for attempting to bring these kind of games back.

9. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Whilst I disagree entirely with the OP in this topic, i take fault with this statement. It's entirely subjective whether those games were 'better', they're just different. As an example; I enjoy an RPG like Zelda which leaves me scratching my head as much as the next chap, but I also thoroughly enjoy Fable which does indeed take you by the hand through it. Very different experiences, but in my eyes, both good games.

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    All of this talk about how good/bad this game is makes me wanna check it out. :D

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    hey everyone
    what's the topic of this thread

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #12 New England Gamer, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    It is the way of the forum. When this is the first topic that comes up on Google and there is no walkthrough available people will come here to ask how to get unstuck. Happens with a lot of games, I don't know why Across Age is singled out.

For a similar situation check out the Secret of Grisly Manor Help thread. While it seems that most everyone registered and posted their one or two posts in that thread instead of making a new one - I have not seen so many new members for a single game.

Look here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=69646

308 posts in that thread, TONS of new posters with less than 5 posts - ONLY in that thread.

For a different slant on this - why are so many threads created complaining about the people asking for help for Across Age? Isn't that what a forum is for?

It happens.

ADD/EDIT: I should probably point out the Pocket Frogs Trading thread and how many new members are there too. Some make one post, one request, never heard from again - it is the nature of the beast.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Can you blame the guy for wanting intimate relationships with TA members? We are all sexy beasts if you didn't know.:cool:

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    OP: owned/boned/idiot. kthanks.

15. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    i believe that you should have a certain amount of posts before you are allowed to make threads...i feel that would cut down on the mass amount of 1 posters that have been on this website...but that is just me

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It would also cut down on the amount of developers who register here to post about their games. Is that a good tradeoff?

17. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

To be honest, I see where the OP is reasonably going with his argument, no matter how abbreviated his posts are. ;). That doesn't mean I agree with him though.

I do think that a good game (in general) should let you find out the next step by yourselves, without having to do any extra research. When you do extra research, it's not your game anymore, but rather the place that you got the extra help from's game.

If that makes any sense. In today's day and age, gamers (or gamers-to-be) are very lazy and are usually not willing to do any extra research. Therefore, a few newer games will have to hold hands with the player a little longer than we are all used to now.

As for this game, Across Age, I think it's a fairly good game. I haven't played it deeply enough, but I also haven't seen that many threads on it to be I'll-considered a bad game.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    If you're getting stuck in across age, there's many, many things wrong with your level of comprehension and knowledge of gaming.

19. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I only dislike hard games when they're unfair, or rely on a lot of luck to get through. In general, I like difficult games (LOVING Samurai II right now). They're fun to play in short sessions.

You don't have to beat a game the day you get it. You can take a break if it starts to frustrate you, and go back to it later after you rework your strategy.

20. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    How exactly? 1 post users who post on pocket frog thread wouldn't lead developers away, and if your talking about developers making threads, allow developers only to have this exception, like how you do with the avatar.