Pixel Pig iPhone - Peggle-like Pachinko - Promo Code Giveaway

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by smorpheus, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Pixel Pig

"Pixel Pig is a nice casual game that works well for both the five minute break, and the two hour train ride."…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Pixel Pig is a nice casual game that works well for both the five minute break, and the two hour train ride." -- TouchGen

"[Pixel Pig] is a rarity in the App Store as it’s unique and enjoyable. Moving through the pegs to collect special items really reinvents Pachinko. If you’re looking for an alternative to Peggle you’ve come to the right place." -appadvice.com

The Fantastic Misadventures of Pixel Pig (Pig Acrobat) is a peg-popping, fruit-chomping, mud-splatting, gas-blasting, adventure for all ages.

➽Launch Pixel Pig into one of forty levels. Slam into as many pegs, gobble as much food, and sail through as many rings as you can before hitting the mud.

➽Blast your way to success! Pixel Pig keeps you in control at all times. Once he has entered the game board, use Pixel Pig's gas reserves to strategically propel him around the game board and defy gravity. Tilt your iPhone left or right to control Pixel's fall and bounce off more pegs.

➽Upgrade your pig as you earn rewards. Perform well to earn upgrade points and improve your pig's size, responsiveness, and gas capacity.

➽Pixel Pig is rendered in full 3D and uses the advanced nVIDIA PhysX physics engine to render the pig's gravity-defying adventures.

➽Fantastic original soundtrack. Pixel Pig features a completely original soundtrack of seven songs composed by Josh Rathbun.

➽Outstanding Achievement System: Pixel Pig features support for GameCenter Achievements and Leaderboards. Achievements are incorporated right into the game. The more Achievements you earn - the more you can upgrade your pig!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family, Puzzle
    Release:Feb 15, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

We have 20 promo codes for the iPhone version to give away.

I'll give them to the first 20 people who PM me, and I'll update here when they're all gone. I just ask that if you have time, to share your thoughts on the game here on Toucharcade or in the iTunes store.

Thom

2. Starscream1017

Starscream1017 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    PM sent! thanks

3. skarxing

skarxing Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    PM sent. Thanks a lot.

4. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
  5. iamryanhello

iamryanhello Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    pm sent woo love peggle-like games

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Pm sent thanks

7. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    PM sent!

8. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Pmed! Thanks!

9. OrionnoirO

OrionnoirO Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Anderson,IN
  10. OK Guys, that's it! Thanks for your interest. :)

Thom

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Aw missed out! If you get anymore I would love one and I would write a review!

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks for the code!

The first problem I had with the game was that when I pressed on the help screen it kind of got stuck there. After some random tapping I was able to get it to move to another screen and then back to the main menu. Slight annoyance, nothing more.

But the biggest problem I have is the amount of stuff that is crammed on the screen! There action is just about literally pixel size! I can't tell the pig from the pegs and just too much is going on. I guess I am used to things being just a tad more detailed and larger to tell what is happening. I can't find a zoom button or anything of the sort to help out either.

But what is there as a foundation is excellent. The humor, the game play, the scoring, power ups, all of that "hard" stuff to come up with is great. I just wish I could see more of it rather than a few blipping dots moving around.

I hope some of this can be addressed somehow - not sure exactly how (I guess that is why I am not a developer) because the game seems like it could be extremely fun.

13. NEGamer,

Totally understand your feedback.

On the update we were already going to work on the textures to make them more legible on 3GS devices (I'm assuming you're using a 3GS or Touch3), but based on what you said here, we'll add a setting where the camera zooms in on the pig once he's entered the playfield as well. The update should go to Apple sometime this weekend, so expect it late next week!

Thom

14. Chaz42

Chaz42 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Michigan!
    Oh no! im so mad i just stumbled across this. Anything that has to do with pixels like this catches my eye. Wish i woulda came a while ago. D:!!!!!!!!!!!! this game looks soo amazing. sad i cant grab it.

15. Hey Guys, a free version of Pixel Pig is up on iTune snow. It's called "Retro Edition." If you missed out on the promo codes, this is a great way to check it out.

16. omerkarakaya

omerkarakaya Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Male
    Turkey
    Pm send.pls promo code

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    K... My wife has been asking me to find her a Peggle like game that uses the accelerometer (tilt controls). This and Bounce Trap Tilt (which hasn't been updated since 2009) are the only games I can find... Anyone have an idea or one that's working on iOS 6.1.2, and still available in the US store?

18. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    Have you tried Rockchinko?

Rockchinko™ 3GS Edition

Rockchinko™ 3GS Edition is an explosive action pinball pachinko puzzler game featuring 8 worlds and over 40 levels and i…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Rockchinko™ 3GS Edition is an explosive action pinball pachinko puzzler game featuring 8 worlds and over 40 levels and is specially optimized to take full advantage of the blazing speed of the iPhone 3GS. Stunning new graphics, ultra-smooth gameplay, and superb music and audio make Rockchinko 3GS Edition a must have!

Your mission: Destroy all the red orbs! Use everything in your arsenal - impeccable timing, precision aiming, and even defying the laws of physics. You'll get some help along the way from your trusty power-ups that include Slo-Mo, Devastator, Mega-Ball, Triple-Ball and - always the crowd pleaser - The Flame Thrower!

Each level introduces new puzzling elements that can be both friend and enemy - that's right, FRENEMIES:

The Shifty Switches
    Hit the green switch to make them work. They open hatches, move Blockers, and give you access to tough-to-reach places.

The Blockers
    These blocker platforms can be still, sliding, spinning or even twirling. Be careful - ricocheting shots off them could be helpful but they can just as easily get in your way.

The Wild Warps
    Warp holes will instantly teleport you from one warp hole to another. They can transmit you to an impossible shot or they can completely wreck your strategy and send you off to a galaxy far far away.

The Windmills of Doom
    These are the worst frenemies of them all. In a matter of seconds, they can go from being your best bud to being your worst nightmare. Learn how to use them to your advantage before these windmills blow you back to Loserville.

Mastering all tricks of the trade will be needed to become a true Rockchinko Master where you can unlock Randomizer and Rockstar Mode. Randomizer tests how quickly you can adapt by randomly playing all of the levels. Rockstar Mode unlocks 14 new levels and intensifies the gameplay.

Rockchinko is a thrilling gaming experience that combines strategy, skill, timing and luck all into one. With more than 40 challenging levels, Rockchinko is the ultimate pick-up-and-play style game.... oh, and it has a flame thrower!! Awesomeness.

Rockchinko 3GS Edition truly showcases the power of the iPhone 3GS. Not compatible with 1G iPod Touch.

Rockchinko 3GS Edition is created by the makers of such hits as iQ US History, iQ Trivia Mix, iQ Music Trivia, and iQ Movies Trivia.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Aug 01, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

There's also a FREE version available.

19. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    #19 AENIGMA, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    There's also Kuspow, but I'm not sure if there's any tilt controls in-game.

KusPow!

The Casual-Family-Action-Fun-Game is here!

Using pinball arcade and pachinko elements, just aim and shoot a bal…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The Casual-Family-Action-Fun-Game is here!

Using pinball arcade and pachinko elements, just aim and shoot a ball down the board and clear all the golden coins to win!

Become a ricochet master! Each level is its own challenge. Get all the golden coins and clear all the board to make your high score.

Easy to play, you can choose to throw the ball just by a single "touch and release" system using the Quick Shot button, or you can fine tune your cannon angle for the best throw.

Collect the stars on the board to unlock the power-ups: the "Perfect Preview" and the "1 More Ball". Which one will be the best to use and when? It's up to you to decide!

We really hope that you enjoy the game and have fun as we had making it.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Aug 30, 2012
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

A couple more Peggly-type games:
    Coin Drop! [video]
    Tiny Cannon! [video]
    aYa-Manku [video]

Too bad Egg Drop Arcade and Egg Drop Arcade 2 and Coins! are no longer in the App Store, they're great games.