What TD type do you like the most?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by AMTGames, Aug 27, 2012.

?

What TD type do you like the most?

1. No limitations on tower placing in a fixed-path TD

52.2%
  2. Pre-defined spots to place towers in a fixed-path TD

47.8%
  1. AMTGames

AMTGames Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    #1 AMTGames, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Hi guys! We want to find out what type of TD games TA users like the most.

We are debating about 2 sub-types of TDs with fixed path:

1. That have no limitations on where you place the towers (Think Fieldrunners 2, some maps)

2. You have fixed spots where you place towers (Kingdom Rush style, you can place towers only on pre-defined spots)

What type would you prefer in a Sci-Fi TD?

2. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    No limitations definitely, it's why i'm such a fan of the fieldrunners games because it allows more creativity, more interaction(creating mazes) and generally much more fun in sharing strategies.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    The first time I played a TD game was probably back in '04. It was one of the custom maps in Warcraft 3. Most of them back then were all what you would call "no limitations" TD. It was cool, and there are some today I still enjoy a bit. But honestly, it's just so much busy work. I much prefer something along the lines of Kingdom Rush, where strategy is the focus, rather than piling up a maze of towers. More actual strategy and less busy work. That's my 2-cents worth.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I voted for no limitations. TBH though, I love both. Both types have to be played differently. Having both in a game would be great.
    Sci-fi TD? I'm liking the sound of it already. :)

5. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I agree. Plus we have to worry about heroes, which is way better than worrying about mazes.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Why would I wanna limit myself? Sure it's more challenging, but I suck at TDs anyway :p

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Either way is fine..but I prefer pre-defined spots. Its more of a "puzzle" game this way to me. But the main pet peeve for me are ones that have 50+ waves..where only maybe 5-10 waves you actually need to make big decisions.

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Fixed path is the best for me...the things get messy after few seconds for me in non-fixed path TDs lol and I have to delete the game LOL

9. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Wow, almost a tie!