Bears vs Pigs

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by neattouch, Nov 8, 2009.

1. neattouch

neattouch Member

Sep 27, 2009
    #1 neattouch, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    UPDATE - 22/11/2009

I´ve updated this post with in-game screen shots. The game is a team based artillery game with a game area spanning multiple screens. You play as either the Bears or the Pigs and the objective is to kill the other team. The game features real physics using the Box2D physics engine. Objects in the game react realistically to being shot and spin or topple over and plays similarly to Ragdoll Blaster with some puzzles elements. When characters are shot their bodies explode and their heads roll around the game area and interact with other objects.

The Game is about 2 weeks from completion and will be released with an initial price of $0.99. I will be releasing more screenshots and in-game video over the next weeks.

======================
    I have some artwork and a teaser trailer for an upcoming Iphone game I´m currently developing called Bears vs Pigs. The game is about 3 weeks from completion, I can´t give too much away at the moment but I´ll be releasing more info, screenshots and game play video is the coming weeks.

Attached Files:

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ha, ha, ha, lol, loved the teaser video

...I thought this was just going to be another animal board game, but now I'll definitely want to keep an eye on this :)

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    The video was great, I hope it will be released as soon as it's done.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    are those the real graphics?

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lmao, looks really funny.
    Piggies FTW!

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I doubt it.

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Isn't this a little...
    Racist?

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well I suppose it could be considered racist by some, but I don't believe it is racist.

I think the bear is supposed to be a 'black ghetto gangsta' while the pig is a 'mexican/latin cholo'. But that doesn't mean to say that it is racist.

9. neattouch

neattouch Member

Sep 27, 2009
    #9 neattouch, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    FYI the video is a CGI render and not ingame graphics, however the game graphics are very similar.

Regarding any racism, I'm black myself and in my opinion there is nothing racist about this. The game is a parody taking Fairytale characters and puting them into a US inner city setting. Big cities are very racially diverse places and I wanted the character voices to reflect this. Gangs often form alone racial lines and it's supposed to be a parody of this too.

The fact that bears are brown and pigs are pink is actually a coincidence and shouldn't be relevant. The point is that they aren't even human, they're animals.

10. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Can you give away what type of game it is? Like a 3D fighter or like a GTA style game?

11. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    yes please share on what genre of game this is. i loved the teaser, very funny:)

12. neattouch

neattouch Member

Sep 27, 2009
    I´ve updated the original post on page 1 with screen shots and details of the game play.

13. mellochar

mellochar Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    lol, nice one..

14. damosapiens

damosapiens New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    what happened to this???

15. dmdoyle

dmdoyle New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    This would have been an awesome game! I was hoping to find it in the itunes store... :(

16. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    looks good and funny!
    i thought this will be another pigs vs wolves :p