iPhone Harry Likes Plums - Preview Code Available

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TimL, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TimL

TimL Member

Nov 8, 2013
    #1 TimL, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    We've finished our rounds of the press and it looks like we've got some nice reviews on the way. However, we still have a few preview codes available. Does anyone want one? It's a steal seeing as Harry Likes Plums will be sold for $2.99 come Tuesday!

EDIT: Harry Likes Plums will be coming to the iPhone shortly, hopefully before the end of the month. For now it is iPad only.

Incoming! Puzzle Game Harry Likes Plums Lands on the App Store this Tuesday Nov.12
    This is what happens when a little green blob develops an unhealthy obsession…

[​IMG]

Harry, a gelatinous, gluttonous green blob, has crash-landed in a nearby tree. Now he’s mere inches away from the tantalizing fruit he craves: a big, round, juicy plum that’s just out of reach. (Oh, the humanity!) What’s a plum-obsessed green blob to do?

Inspired by the Flash favorite Fantastic Contraption, physics puzzler Harry Likes Plums has players stretching their creative muscles to bring the plum-obsessed Harry into contact with the sweet fruit he so desires. Each time Harry’s faulty teleporter deposits him so close, and yet so far from his fruity fancy, it’s up to you to build a contraption that can carry him the rest of the way.

A trailer and more details can be found here: http://www.harrylikesplums.com/presskit

WARNING: iPad1 not supported. It kind of works but crashes often.
    WARNING 2: This game is hard! It's likely to stretch your brain a little!

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This looks good! PM sent.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ooooh my daughter loves these types of games, look forward to reading the reviews.

4. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the promo code. I have only played through the first 5 levels and I already have some suggestions and questions:

I like that you can spend as much as you need to make a solution, but Game Center support would be nice to see how low cost of solutions other folks are getting. Since there are a bunch of levels and Game Center limits the number of leader boards per game, you would probably have to have leaderboards with cost totals for multiple levels.

Better yet, it would be really cool to have the ability to upload solutions and see other folks' solutions.

Are the "Our Best" low costs for real? I am not even coming close on a couple of levels.

In any case, I am enjoying the game. The controls seem to be quite good which is not always the case in this type of game.

5. TimL

TimL Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Hi slewis7,

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Yes, the 'Our best' scores are achievable. In some cases it's possible to work out what was used from looking at the score and the cost of the items at your disposal. Others are more difficult, particularly the later levels when there are more possible combinations! If you're really stuck I'm sure I could send a screen shot your way :)

I don't consider this to be a 'finished' game as such. Is there such a thing? Rather it is the first playable and enjoyable iteration. My priorities are:
    - Make the app universal.
    - Add more levels.
    - Integrate the game centre
    - Maybe add some in app purchases for solutions
    - Add a database of solutions so players can upload and download each other's mechanisms.
    - Even more levels
    - Add a level editor

Assuming there is some interest and I can finance all this it should all happen relatively quickly with a new update every few weeks. I just ran out of money and patients after 2 years of doing this in my spare time!

Tim

6. TimL

TimL Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Hi slewis7,

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Yes, the 'Our best' scores are achievable. In some cases it's possible to work out what was used from looking at the score and the cost of the items at your disposal. Others are more difficult, particularly the later levels when there are more possible combinations! If you're really stuck I'm sure I could send a screen shot your way :)

I don't consider this to be a 'finished' game as such. Is there such a thing? Rather it is the first playable and enjoyable iteration. My priorities are:
    - Make the app universal.
    - Add more levels.
    - Integrate the game centre
    - Maybe add some in app purchases for solutions
    - Add a database of solutions so players can upload and download each other's mechanisms.
    - Even more levels
    - Add a level editor

Assuming there is some interest and I can finance all this it should all happen relatively quickly with a new update every few weeks. I just ran out of money and patients after 2 years of doing this in my spare time!

Tim

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Having just played through this is i can say its great, I love physics based games like fantastic contraption, cosmic mechanic and stuff where you make your own machines and this fits in with those games pretty well. Graphics are nice and the controls work perfectly, all in all its a great game and the only downside I can see is it needs more levels :D

8. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX