What are some of the best games on iPad 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hercik1, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Hercik1

Hercik1 Member

Dec 24, 2013
    I just got an iPad for Christmas and am wondering what are the better games for it. I'm mainly looking for rpg. So far I bought chaos rings since it was on sale and baulders gate to relieve old memories. Is there any really good turn based rpg? Also how is a bard's tale if anyone played it? Finally question I see bastion is 99 cents is it that much for the game or is it you have to buy the next chapter to progress?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this first time on the forum but this looks like a place to get answers.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #2 psj3809, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    You get all of Bastion for 99c. Well worth it

The shadow sun, Aralon and ravensword are great RPGs. 9th dawn is a great old skool Ultima style Rpg which is great

I've got bards tale. Another good un

3. illmerica

illmerica Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    First off, welcome to the forums.

You might want to look into Warhammer Quest, it's turn based, may get a bit repetitive, but still fun IMO. Doom & Destinity is a fun little turn based game, similar mechanics to FF. Speaking of, all Final Fantasy & Chaos Rings games are 50% off, you might want to check those out before they go up in price. Baldur's Gate II is coming out soon, maybe before the end of the year, if not, early in January. I hear good things about Bard's tale, have it but haven't played it yet. As for Bastion, it's a great deal for .99, I'd suggest grabbing it. Happy Holidays! :)

4. Take a look at these:

[​IMG]

5. Hercik1

Hercik1 Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks for the replays I'm definitely getting bastion and a bard's tale. I will look into the others especially shadow sun the name is just intriguing for some reason.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant go wrong with Bastion and Bard's Tale. I also suggest picking up Star Wars KOTOR if you havent yet.

Check out Doom & Destiny as well.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    RPGs are without a doubt my favourite genre, luckily iOS has plenty of great ones!

9th Dawn: Fantastic free-roaming twin-stick shooter-esque. So many secrets and such a wide world to explore. One of my favourite games on iOS

Dungelot: Puzzle/RPG hybrid which might not meet your criteria but I found to be astounding. Almost like a turn-based RPG minesweeper

Dungeon Hunter 1 or 2: Very much the Diablos of iOS. ARPGs with plenty of loot and combat. Similar to Bard's Tale

Knights of the Old Republic: Like Baldur's Gate; nostalgia at it's finest. A pretty flawless recreation of a pretty flawless game. On sale ATM.

Knights of Pen & Paper: Genuinely funny turn-based RPG with a huge amount of freedom and customisation in what quests you take and what you do next. Very recommended.

QuestLord: Traditional Dungeon Master style game but set in a wide open world. Stunning and so underrated, on sale ATM.

Shadowrun/XCOM: Both very good TRPGs with great storylines, beautiful graphics and solid gameplay. Both on sale ATM.

Sword & Glory: A free gem with a wonderful visual style. So much going for it and the IAPs are totally unobtrusive. Another no brainer to recommend.

Warhammer Quest: Turn-based board game-esque but with a decent amount of freedom. Very solid combat, everything about it is high quality.

Also worth checking: Final Fantasy Tactics WotL, Rimelands, The World Ends With You, Aralon, Legends of Yore, WazHack, Quadropus Rampage, Dungeon Plunder.
    I could name so many more as well, hopefully that's enough to give you something to go on. Oh and Bastion is fantastic, I wouldn't even hesitate at that price!