Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Does it support iCloud for syncing progress across devices?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #82 MidianGTX, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Oh pssh, they could be far more different! They're not the same though, and both are must-buys. Oddly enough, Bike Baron is more similar to the PS3 version of Joe Danger than the iOS one, they've changed the formula quite a lot.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It was stated it wouldn't work on iPad 4th gen kinda weird though. Game plays excellent on iPod touch 4

4. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks so much for the ipad 4 notice. I was going to buy it but I'm glad I noticed the header for this thread.

5. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Do you have to get all 3 badges for each event at the same time in order to get the overall medal (achievement) for that level?

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #86 MidianGTX, Jan 10, 2013
    I don't think so, the gold stars seem to disappear after first collection, so if you didn't complete all of the other objectives in the same run it'd be impossible.

Edit: Okay, I appear to be wrong. Yes you do.

7. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012

Thanks for coming on the forums & assuring us that a fix is being worked on :)

8. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Great game, I'm loving it so far. Does anyone know how to get the trophy next to the highscore at the level preview screen? I've topped my high score numerous times, got all the badges, and the hidden character but can't seem to figure out how to get this.

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Hidden character?

10. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Yep, every level except the bonus ones as far as I can tell have a hidden icon that's a man's head with a helmet on. If you want to see a fairly obvious one
    it's at the very beginning of last level in the first area

11. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Tricks, tricks, and more tricks. Add some flair to your runs! Simply collecting the required items and crossing the finish line is not enough. Gotta string as many tricks together as you can to get the high score needed to unlock the trophy for each level. Each track seems to require a different high score to unlock the trophy, though.

Collecting the trophies is like a game within the game :)

12. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Thanks Essex! This definitely satisfies the completionist in me

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    :) welcome , and you guys are awesome to come on here, and to stay all night to fix a patch that's dedication! thanks for responding to my email sorry i sent it to like facebook and your email just wanted to get it out there...

14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #94 Delusionaltool, Jan 10, 2013
    also this game is UHHHHMAZING on the ipad omg its made for it perfect, its the ps3 version with touch screen its like exact with the bonus characters, GOTY SO FAR WOOOOOO love it....

and ill say it again its not Bike Baron its totally different, imagine Bike Baron stumbled into mario land and combined elements of tony hawk for good measure...its a motorcycle stunt platformer LOL

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not that similar to the PS3 version... different levels, different objectives, auto accelerate, no analog balancing/bike rotation, tap to collect items rather than ride through them all...

But I'm quite glad about that. They're playing to the strengths of the device and it makes both versions worth owning.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'm quite at the start still, I finished the first 2 tours and in the middle of the 3rd, but here are my thoughts so far: while it is a nice game for sure and extremely polished, I can't say it's a great game. The main problem with it is the same problem I had with Rayman Jungle Run - it just made me want to play Rayman Origins. And Joe Danger Touch just makes me want to play Joe Danger. I also feel that with virtual buttons this would play well: 2 buttons for moving forward and backwards and 2 buttons for flipping. Games like Bike Baron, Motocross Madness have proved to play very well with a 4 button setup. As is, while the presentation is definitely Joe Danger, the gameplay is completely different, it doesn't feel like I can go crazy with nutty flips and insane combos for ridiculous high scores as in the PSN/XBLA version.

These are of course very early impressions but I have the feeling I'm getting the gist of it already.

17. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I have both bike baron and this game.

Stop playing bike baron after a few games when it was released while i can't stop playing this game.

Controls are so good, it's really fun and challenge is great!

So better than bike baron in any way.

Btw, there is a bug giving infinite money that should be fixed.

18. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    This is a five star game! I've recently had a hard time getting hooked on any iOS games but this is the cure. Really polished, well thought out levels with achievable objectives, and great use of touchscreen controls. Quickly and easily made into my all time favorite list. Cant stop playing it, I just finished the first hard tour with all pro badges. I'm not going to stop until I complete all of the objectives and trophies.

19. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This game is amazing. Great replay value, and a good amount of levels. This is without a doubt a must buy game.

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh I thought there was a hidden costume character