Official App Store Bundle Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ScotDamn, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #1 ScotDamn, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    So yeah... Weird prices and bundles. And why the hell did Oceanhorn go up $2 dollars since the refresh???

If bundling means single game prices are increased, I don't want bundles! It only artificially gives value.

2. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I wonder if it'd be hard to start linking game bundles in associated threads. I guess it also depends on how permanent bundles are.

3. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    There's nothing on Apple's documentation on bundles that indicates any need for them to be temporary, but some restrictions apply. A bundle must be cheaper than the sum of its parts. If that rule is broken by a price reduction of an app, the bundle disappears. The same happens if ANY app in the bundle goes free.

This makes them feel more like a temporary thing. Some people will probably forget about bundles when organizing a sale and end up accidentially removing them.

Other than that, how permanent bundles are depends on the decisions of the developers. They don't seem to be "designed" to only be temporary, so we should see some permanent bundles, too.

4. Many bundle prices are broken on my end.

For example, I own Mikey Shorts and Hooks already, yet I'm supposed to pay up 2.00 to complete the bundle, whereas I could simply buy Mikey Boots for 1.99. But yeah, that example was a bit picky...

I have both Epoch games, yet I'm supposed to pay to get the Epoch bundle. -_-
    I also have 2 of 3 Cut the Rope Games, and I'm asked to shell out 3.00 for the 1.99 game that's missing in the bundle. Zzzzz.

5. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #5 mikeg123, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Ah, that's strange. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't give us any control over completing bundles, so we weren't sure what would happen. And there is no way for us to test out the different pricing scenarios. I figured in your case, the price of boots would be $0.99. We were worried that the combined price of Shorts at $0.99 (has since been raised to $1.99) and Hooks at $1.99 for a total of: $2.98, would result in completing the bundle with Boots for $0.01, but there is obviously a minimum price which is higher than we thought it would be.

EDIT: well I just saw the TA bundles article, and now I have to ask: did you get Mikey Shorts for Free or Mikey Hooks when it was on its $0.99 sale? That may be why you see the $2 complete my bundle price.

6. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Bundles are definitely wacky. Most my bundles show I "purchased" some but don't give me a complete my bundle price at all. Where other times it shows "download" instead of purchased and gives a completion price. Definitely confused..

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Did you get any of the other two during a freebie? If so then that's why you have a weird price as it seems you don't get credit for games you haven't actually paid for.

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've had the same but I noticed that (for me at least) the purchased appears under games I bought and have on my device whereas the cloud arrow thing is under games I haven't got installed.

9. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Do I have to download the entire bundle once I press the purchase button or is there a setting for the iPhone/iPad where I can purchase without automatic install afterwards?

The reason I ask is my mother purchased the big fish match-3 bundle on her iPad and all four games installed/queued simultaneously and that is bad for me since I want to purchase the Gamebook Collection from TinManGames. With limited space rocking a 16gb IPad, I really don't think I have room for nine gamebooks if I have to install the entire bundle.

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Any game bought in a bundle will be able to be downloaded again at any later point, just like with any regularly purchased game. Just stop the downloads and go back to them whenever you feel like in your Purchased list.