Cut the rope -new version double dipping?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stevogambo, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Stevogambo

Stevogambo New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    So I noticed in the App Store I no longer have a download icon for 'cut the rope' instead a buy option... I still have cut the rope on my iPhone. Seem like a 'new version' of the same game.. Don't think I have seen this before?

2. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    any chance you had the free version and it's now having you pay for the full version, or vice versa?

Or a sequel/variation of it instead?

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Its telling me to purchase it again as well. The old version is in the purchased list.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Same here, the version I purchased is gone and a new version is there that was published about a month ago. I checked their website and there is no word as to why. I'm not sure I remember all the IAP in the game either.

5. PèreGoriot

PèreGoriot Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
  6. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I think what has happened here is that Chillingo originally published the game and the publishing rights have gone back to the developer so they have published it. The same thing happened to the original Angry Birds game but on the crossover I think they made it free so that the original buyers could download it. I'm not sure if Cut The Rope went free on the crossover - but if it didn't then that is a poor show for the original purchasers.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    They didn't make it free at any point since it reverted to Zeptolab, but there is a reduced price of £0.79/$0.99. The original's still available from Purchase History and has had as much free content added in updates as any app I can think of.

I'm on the fence about repurchasing simply because I know I'll feel the need to recomplete every level, and there's too much great new stuff out there, but to complain that it's a "poor show" for previous buyers is a bit churlish to say the least.