Looking for Diablo-like game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Hey folks, well I have tried tons of games trying to find one that matches what I am looking for. I was hoping to get people to post their favorites of this game type. I am looking for a Diablo like game. I have tried the Gameloft Dungeon Hunter games, ive tried Pocket RPG by Crescent Moon, and many others (one of my favorites is Orc by Chillingo). My device is an iPad Mini Retina. Suggestions would be really appreciated!!

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Good luck with that, I've been looking for a Diablo clone for a year but haven't found anything close :(

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The Dungeon Hunter games are kind of a mess, but they're the closest I've seen. Orc was solid, but not too much replay value there.

Dungeon Quest is a newer one, and it's actually quite good. A lighter, more casual atmosphere than Diablo, but solidly built, and a lot of fun.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #4 Exact-Psience, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Yeah nothing really close to being a diablo clone, although there are attempts which borrow more than a few basics from diablo.

Bard's Tale
    Battleheart Legacy
    Heroes Call
    Wayward Souls
    Last Chance Heroes
    Bastion
    Wraithborne
    Iesabel
    Orc
    Dungeon Hunter 1&2
    Hero Siege
    Quadropus Rampage

5. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    I was going to recommend battle heart legacy.

Bard's tale is fantastically funny and Orc was pure awesomeness.

Bastion is worth a play through as well.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I say Heroes Call is the weapon of choice! I LOVE the dark mood and the Dark Fantasy theme. Especially after the devs changed the "questionable" IAP system into an absolutely fair one.

7. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the suggestions. I went and got Heroes Call and am checking it out!! Of course keep any suggestions coming! I know I cant find an EXACT clone but if I can find that ONE game in the crowd that keeps my attention, id be happy!

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Also freemium Darkstone is a port of a PC diablo clone that fits with combat/movement based on taps without buttons. The bit I played was enjoyable, not sure if the freemium model handicaps it or not.

9. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    There's also the wonderful Solomon's keep and pocket rpg.

There's a game I'm thinking about which I found really pretty for a hack and slasher was Eternity Warrior 2. There are literally dozens of threads on this subject if you do a search.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Dude, dungeon quest is the closest thing on here to diablo. The loot system and random stats are right up an arpg fans alley. I highly recommend d at least watching vids of it.

Pocket RPG is another I'll recommend, it's a twin stick shooter with RPG elements, great gameplay. But yea, dungeon quest.

11. #11 Tetiro, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Actually I'd like to find a Diablo like game. Are there any around for Android/iOS?