Another iTunes Review Scam? from Eivaa Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DavisBloom, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DavisBloom

DavisBloom New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    i have read about number of itunes review scam on the app store. recently became a victim of one today :mad:. prompted me to write this post. also dropped a mail to some phil at Apple.
    anybody heard of eivaa games? not a bad developer but it looks like they are playing a dirty evil game. :D:cool::(:mad:

recently downloaded a game called carrom 3d http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carrom-3d/id374205514?mt=8 based on more than 99% of 5 star reviews and rating. to be frank the game was just ok. about average. made me wonder whats driving people so nuts that everybody is rating 5 star? well, or rather shocking, i read few of the 5 star reviews of the game on the app store and checked the reviewers. all the 5 star reviewers are reviewing all the games from eivaa games and all the reviewers are almost same!!! wtf! bloody hell! :eek:

anybody aware of any other developer doing this? y the hell should we get pulled into such scams n waste all the money on such crappy apps. is apple even listening? guys beware of eivaa games (btw they have 1 or 2 good games btw but most of them just sucks!!) :confused:

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That is why most of us rely on these forums for information more than the reviews posted on the appstore. Welcome to TA - stick around and you will learn a lot, be warned of a lot and if you are anything like me, spend too much!

3. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I NEVER buy a game because of the ratings. I haven't bought a bad app since i became a member here. Don't trust the ratings on the app store. Trust your friends on toucharcade.

Congrats on becoming a member.

4. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    yeah a lot of devs do it. Even EA Mobile does it. You will learn, young grasshopper

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yep, your first mistake; you relied on iTunes reviews/ratings. That's just asking to waste your money.

6. DavisBloom

DavisBloom New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    LMAO @fluffyguitarist!

looks like toucharcade it is from now on.thanks guys.it looks like i ll be even making friends outta here ;). i shud thank the evil eivaa games :D
    actually i downloaded some pretty games after going through the forums :cool:

but anyways shouldn't apple do something about this? not everybody know about such forums. most of my friends didn't knew. for them the itunes review is the only thing. :mad: apple should ban such developers.misleading customers :(

7. zbob

zbob Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    this.

8. leevava

leevava Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    well, this is embarrasing, wtf if most of the rate are made by themselves? holy shit

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Welcome to TA, young Padawan.
    Stick around here and you will learn about all the evil secrets of the Dark Apppire.

Oh, and you'll always get a bunch of free games also.
    And a bashing now and then - if you don't behave. ;) :D

10. lbjorseth

lbjorseth Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Partner / Visual - MottiMotti.com
    Oslo, Norway
    Yeah, it could be a lot of fake ratings :(

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It's called shilling.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    1 Star fo you!

13. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    welcome fluffy guitar.. you playing zztops guitars? heh.

lot of cool guitar apps on the app store, iv bought most of them..

chris.

14. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    A little bashing now and then is relished by the wisest men...