Update To Gamecenter

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SirAwesome, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    According to the (questionable) source of the Pocket Gamer Rumor Miner:

Apple to unveil new version of Game Center alongside iPad 2

It's no coincidence that Apple has decided to announce the new iteration of iPad on March 2nd, during the week of GDC. Apple is well aware that the games industry is meeting and wants to catch its eye by announcing a new iPad and revamped version of Game Center.

The social gaming network that everybody loves to hate will finally be getting the update it so desperately needs. Improved network code to ensure that it works properly, a new cumulative score that represents the number of achievements you've unlocked, standardisation of the number of achievements allowed per game, expanded friends list, messaging, and a slew of other features are planned.

While the new iPad won't be required to run the new Game Center (it will ship with a new version of the iOS software that will also be released as an update for other devices), the goal is to promote the new iPad as a great gaming device. Fixing Game Center is definitely a good start.

Expect confirmation next Wednesday when Apple holds its much anticipated press conference.

Personally, I'm itching to get an ipad and cant wait for the new one to come out. I think that the game center update will be good as it will make it a more console like experience and better use the potential of the device. I can't wait!

What are you guys thoughts?

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Maybe GameCenter will stop switching between my two usernames both registered to the same Apple ID. But messaging sounds great.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I hope they also change the crappy green theme. Everything about the iOS and iDevices is designed to be slick and aesthetically pleasing... except Game Center.

4. RoylAsult

RoylAsult Member

Dec 7, 2010
    does this mean the issues i have been having with Fragger and Game Center will finally be fixed? It doesnt appear in Game Center, or in Fragger there is no indication of game center any where on the main menu or in the scores menu

5. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    update!!!

Can't even explain how excited I am about this!!!!

6. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I hope it is the case as it definitely needs sorting as for the new iPad I have this funny feeling it won't be that much more advanced than the old one yes it will have a camera and a few other bells and whistles . But they won't advance it too far as they will then have nowhere to go with next years iPad 3 . It's always the same with all technology they have it ready to go but don't have it all put in at the same time they want ppl to buy a new one every year to get the latest bigger and better version . I could be wrong but I doubt it .

7. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    no I think you are correct