iPhone Aliens versus Humans: The Onslaught

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aliensvshumans, Jul 12, 2012.

1. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Some call it "X-com for iPad". We call it Aliens versus Humans.

Leisurerules Inc, the small indie developer that brought you Aliens versus Humans, has just reached beta for our second episode "The Onslaught".

In order to give you a taste of what will soon be out, here is our trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9VHgbghUg

Everyone that has bought Aliens versus Humans will get The Onslaught as a free update. This is the link to our original release:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aliens-versus-humans/id471665058?mt=8

Our beta is currently running on iPad. iPod/iPhone support will be in beta in a few weeks.

Al(ien)

2. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    We are now in beta 2 for iPad. Not ready yet for beta on iPod/iPhone. Anyone else want to beta? http://tflig.ht/O6oYe2

Al(ien)

3. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Aliens versus Humans: The Onslaught has been submitted to Apple and is waiting for review. It shouldn't be too long before it appears in the AppStore.

Al(ien)

4. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    This is an excellent game thanks for the updates it truly is like x-com which is a huge plus.

5. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    I'm going to shoot some aliens. Can I play as an alien to?

6. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    hey lightningfast. You cannot play the alien side yet although there is some talk about adding an asynch mode and either players play head to head aliens versus humans OR players play co-op humans against a common alien foe. Interested?

Al(ien)

7. Boomwolf

Boomwolf Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas

I'm liking what I'm hearing..

Hey, what are the odds the sequel will take place.... Underwater? XD

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I have to agree! Found this game a little while ago and glad that I did! Would love more updates or a full blown sequel! It's as good of a xcom game as you can get on iPad right now!

9. Boomwolf

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas
    How about a campaign from the aliens perspective? Give them a customizable mothership or bases on one of our nearby planets, and launch missions to attack military bases, abduct humans, and battle the forces you currently command in AvH

Since in the current game you have to wait for the aliens to attack, the alien geoscape could work like this : The aliens have strategists that will randomly offer "targets of opportunity". (Bassically the same thing as "Alien Activity")

Instead of having to come up with a whole equip tech tree for the aliens, maybe you could have a Pool of "Command Points" that you can spend on the different classes of aliens... Unless that's too different from the original game. In that case, I'd suggest using huminoid aliens like "Morpheous".

Btw.... Since the name of the organization is CLEARLY not "X-Com"......Is there currently a Official name?

But like I said....make the sequel UNDERWATER...OR MARS....XD

Also, did AvH get Heavy weapons platforms/tanks yet?

10. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    OMG please add asynch! I am really looking forward to this update. Love your game.

11. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    The Onslaught should hit the AppStore soon. Please send us feedback.

Thanks...

Al(ien)

12. Boomwolf

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas
    It's out!!!!!!!

Downloading now!!!!

IF YOU CAN, SUBMIT YOUR THOUGHTS AND POST SCREEN SHOTS, THIS GAME NEEDS PRESS! XD

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome update, there is so much content it's almost overwhelming. I don't really know what I should be doing when the game first starts( talking about onslaught ). Any tips on where I should start? Also, how critical is it to lose a soldier, are they easily replaced? Thanks for the great game, wish you success.

14. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Have you tried Missions? It is free to play and you can play against your friends.

Al(ien)