Universal Middle Manager of Justice - (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.) - Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 5, 2012.

1. betabetamax

betabetamax New Member

May 13, 2012
    Yeah. Freemium is kinda out of control. Double fine gets a pass for now though.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I thought this would be more in line with Pocket Planes but nope, tons of waiting and staring at the screen, not much of heroic acts.

4. Becksar

Becksar New Member

May 10, 2012
    Same here, anyone have an idea on a fix? Will it have to come from Double Fine?

5. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #25 dukat111, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    Same issue for me. I even tried uninstalling/re-installing. Don't do that, it looses your save game. 2 hours out the window.

I'm surprised your save game isn't backed up somewhere. This means if someone spent $ on purchases you loose it if you have to reinstall the game for any reason (i.e. reload OS on the device, new device, etc). Someone could have spent $100+ and it's gone like that?

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    i disagree with that statement with time management games you be waiting for hours at a time as you process now from what i seen so far resting, training, and getting money takes under a min to do. I already got two super heros and had to stop as i have some other stuff i need to do.

But i do agree with your heroic acts i had to only stop one bus so far, also as i open up new area i would assume you still doing acts in areas you passed in. But no its only the next area you open up and that is a worry as there not that many areas?

7. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer

8. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I defeated the second boss before stopping. Not my type of game I guess. MMOJ feels like Dead Island for me, GREAT game trailer but the game fails to live up to expectations.

9. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Active Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I enjoyed Pocket Frogs, Tiny Tower, Happy Street and even FarmVille. Freemium games are awesome in my book, when viewed and played a certain way. But I don't know what it is about this game...something's off. The sound feels muted and the art (while nice) gives off the feel of being blurry. The pacing of progression feels really weird--it's fast and then suddenly slow, easy then suddenly hard, then easy again. I dunno. Maybe I have to plunk down some cash to really enjoy this, though I feel it should be fun even without spending. Beat the second boss and I'm sticking with it a bit longer, but so far it's just boring. :(

10. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    #30 Drakeer Melkhor, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    OMG Double Fine! :p

EDIT: Installed, uninstalled. Freemium is crap and I hate time management games.

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm kind of enjoying it so far, but I'm a bit confused... I spent 500 coins on a new costume, but there are no stat changes and no difference in the character appearance. So what was the point of that?

12. Bubbapook

Bubbapook Active Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I like the artstyle, but the whole thing is just really poorly put together and incredibly lazy. Terrible pacing, strange difficulty spikes after the 2nd/3rd fights and staggeringly dull gameplay which was the last thing I expected. Just a completely limp handshake of a game, very disappointing.

13. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Agree completely - what a shame

14. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, nope. I'm officially at the point where I cannot possibly progress further without paying real money. I've beaten the first two bosses and have two heroes and a unable to complete the next mission - I've tried 6 times now without success. I've got a level 2 and a level 5 going against 2 level 10s and 2 level 14 enemies. WTF. I've spent all my coins on healing items, all wasted, and even if I do win the next mission I'll only get 10 coins out of it, which wouldn't be enough to do ANYTHING. I'll try to beat the mission a few more times, but at this point there's nothing I can do to move forward because my heroes are not strong enough.

15. mblamar

mblamar Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Game Impressions

Needs QA. Both the bus and the Giant Robot mission won't start. Bus, eh. But Giant Robot is necessary to advance. iPad 3.

16. Suitably Ironic Moniker

Mar 5, 2012
    It looks like it's been pulled from the US app store.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yep, it's pulled. Maybe it will be more fun once they get the problems fixed?

18. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Active Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Just checked, it's also gone from the Philippine app store.

19. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I decided to suck it up and use my Manager to earn 7 coins every minute. Spent a loooong time doing that, long enough to earn the 250 coins needed to buy supplies. Finally beat the unfair fight. Spent longer to earn enough to buy a room to level up my powers. Went into the room, leveled up both my guys' most basic powers, and all the equipment they had (400 coins worth) vanished. No in inventory or anything.
    ####ing pathetic. Deleting the app directly.

20. badlogik

badlogik Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Fun but broken

I cannot advance because the robot boss does not begin, and there are minor bugs everywhere you look. This release was botched hard...