Best "Escape the Room" Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gekkota, Jun 20, 2009.

?

Best "Escape the Room" Game??

1. White House Escape

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Room Escape

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Surrounded

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  4. Mystique

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Raving Manor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    #1 gekkota, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
    I haven't bought any of them yet, but I'd be interested in getting at least one of them. Just wondering which is the best...not too short, good puzzles, interesting plot, etc.
    (Or is there one that I am missing that is better than the ones I have listed?)

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Good idea for a thread, Im wondering which one to buy myself

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    you forgot escape room of flower

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Surrounded

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Ya.. that was the only one that I bought actually lol

6. agiibs

agiibs Active Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Love Mystique, it has more to it!

7. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    The only ones that get even half-way decent reviews are Mystique and Raving Manor. Raving Manor looks rather...simple. Mystique apparently only has 15 minutes of playtime, but does look quite cool. Surrounded is supposed to be short and quite frustrating as well.

8. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    I am hoping that the 2nd chapter of Mystique will be out soon. It's supposed to have 13 or 14 different areas, and be a lot longer than the first game. It's already out on android, so hopefully it won't be too much longer for iPhone!

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    What's an escape-the-room game...? :rolleyes: :eek:

10. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    a game where you escape the room that you are in...for example, "you wake up in a locked room. get out of it"

11. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm still waiting for a decent escape the room game. Like the ones on escapegames24.com that take an hour to figure out. Some take even longer. The iPhone is such a good platform for them and they are great to play in 5 minute intervals. I would pay $4.99-$7.99 for an app that adds an escape the room game every 2 weeks.

12. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    mystique seems good, but i heard its short and has no save feature, so i will wait for chapter 2, which apparently has more locations and a save feature

13. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Wow! I'm surprised my app is holding any ground in this poll at all. I am the developer of Room Escape. If you have any suggestions for future rooms please contact me to make the app better. I am also looking for help with artwork, to create more rooms.

14. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    #14 gekkota, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
    Well, I'm leaning toward Mystique, but might wait until Chapter 2: The Child comes out since it will be a lot longer. Maybe Room Escape, too--I am wondering whether the dev will add new rooms as free updates or make it a paid app once new rooms are added. (You there, Mr. 1026 Development??)

With all these apps, though, the most irritating thing is when morons use the app store reviews as a forum to either ask questions or give spoilers.
    What are these people thinking??
    I am reluctant to read reviews now, and that really sucks. Who wants to buy a game when the plot is revealed by idiots who don't understand the concept of "review?"

OK, I feel better now. :rolleyes:

----
    Wow! I just noticed that Jeremy1026 has been a TouchArcade member longer than me! :eek:
    I sure don't see that very often!! :)

15. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Except for the pro-Obama propaganda, the white house on is pretty fun.

16. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Hey, our additional rooms will be released as a for pay app. With our updated control scheme (no more swiping.) I'm planning on releasing a separate app with 2 more complex rooms for $.99 with in-app purchases for more rooms as we get them out.

I totally agree, I'm very angry that about half my reviews are spoilers to beat the game. Really ruins the whole review process, because you can't look through them without having the game ruined.

I've been around TA since it's launch way back when, I just don't post here too too often, but I do keep an eye out as to what is going on here.

17. iAdventureGame

Feb 4, 2009
    #17 iAdventureGame, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
    First, let me say that I am honored that our games are included in a list with such great apps, thank you.

And thanks for the kind words on the game.

I do want to say that I tried to be very specific in not mentioning any current president or party (except for the founding fathers...) in the creation of White House Escape (doubly so since it was an election year). If anything about the game seems to be pro anything (except strictly as a game), it is absolutely coincidental. I will review the game code to see how this could have possibly been accidentally conveyed, and if found will make sure that we remove it in a future release. (And any feedback as to how it could be seen that way would certainly be most welcome).

Accept my apology if such a meaning was inferred, but it was definitely not the intent.

And if anyone is stuck while playing our games, remember that hints are available online and via email at [email protected]. (But we do go out of our way to try to avoid any spoilers).

Thanks again,
    Greg Chaffins
    iAdventureGame

18. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
  19. Tomsn

Tomsn Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm playing Mystique 2 and do like it very much so far. Do these other Escape Games also have a fully 3D enviroment like Mystique?