Game engine behind Anytime Golf now up for sale

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by xscea, Jun 23, 2009.

1. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    Hey folks,

The game engine I developed for Anytime Golf is now available for purchase. The short story is: $49 and you get all the source code. If you're a programmer you might find this as a workable alternative to building your own engine from scratch or purchasing one of the more expensive & less-performing options out there. This engine actually cooks.

I've got a more in-depth post about the engine up on my blog: http://robertwrose.com/2009/06/bork3d-game-engine-for-iphone.html

For a demo of the engine in action see the youtube video below, or just download the game! :) There's a "lite" version now available on the app store for free, or you can just get the full version for $.99.

Contact [email protected] for more info

2. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

Wow!

A very good price!

Why are you selling this at this cost?

Does it include future upgrades?

3. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    I just thought at this price it would get people's attention. It might go up in the future, once I get more customers. :)

Of course! :)

4. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    A TouchArcade forum user emailed me this question. I thought I'd share my response here for the benefit of everyone else..

If you're a programmer that's new to iPhone programming then I think you'll find this engine to be a great jump-start to help you get going. There's a lot of rigmarole involved in getting rendered objects onto the iPhone that this engine takes care of. There's also a few other systems this engine provides that are especially useful in bootstrapping your game (for example, the font renderer and tweaker).

If you're just getting started programming then I think you'll find this useful as an education source for how game engines are designed and developed.

5. coolman

Thanks for your reply.

It also would be great to have as more samples you can do. Learning by samples it's also a good thing.

I forgot to ask .. Which sort of documentation cames with it?

6. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    The engine only comes with sample at the moment, but I'll add more for sure as more people get on board with the engine. I'd like to target the samples at what people want to see rather than just random samples I think are cool. :)

There's no official documentation right now, but there are a good deal of comments in the code explaining how things work. I also try to make myself available when people have questions.

7. coolman