iPhone Tilt To Live HD - by One Man Left

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. phonk

phonk Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Had to start the game about 15 times before it run more than one round. Most of the time it crashed in the menu. Rebooted the device but that didn't help much.
    But once it ran (don't know why) i was addicted immediately. Bought the DLC even I was pissed because of all the hassle.

2. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Love it

Zero problems with crashes, both before and after DLC purchase. Simply put it's an amazing game. Do agree that dots going under weapons should be fixed/changed if intentional. All in all a great version 1.0. The people who gave 1 star reviews on iTunes should be slapped and their iPads given to people with a clue.

3. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    How lucky you are, this app and StoneShip also a recent release crash a lot, on PC such release would have got flames. For both I didn't rate and expect patiently the fix. At least with Tilt to live I could play anyway but with the very unpleasant risk to have a crash at end of game and a record or achievement not registered.

It's extremely strange that some people don't got a single crash and some many. Is there different models of iPad??? Myself I have many hidden pages of app, is it the cause? I don't see any other difference. Ha yes another possible difference I also have Tilt to Live iphone installed.

4. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    No problems with crashes here too, but as i wrote in an earlier post, it's quite difficult for the devs to understand where the real problem with all these reported issues is, cause a lot of people got crashes and things like that and at the same time a lot of other report absolutely no problem.
    Really, i'm asking myself where the problems could be.
    I didn't rate the game yet, but giving 1 star it seems to me very unfair.

5. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Have you Tilt to live iphone installed? Have you many hidden pages of app? Have you changed default preferences? Have you open the account for online scores? I'm not a dev I'm searching to reach the same state that the lucky one like you.

6. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    In order:

1) No, i had it but not now.
    2) No hidden pages.
    3) Honestly i don't remember if i changed preferences.
    4) I opened the account, you mean the Agon right?
    Hope this can help you even a little.
    Personally, could i suggest to delete the app e redownload or reinstall it? Sometimes this resolves many issues like these

7. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Mmm I could try point 1 and delete the iphone version but for point 2 it's a constant nightmare, cleaning that will take me weeks. Yes I mean Agon.

8. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    @Onemanleft what really needs to be fixed is the power ups and orbs hiding the dots.

They need to turn transparent when the dots are hiding behind them. It is a sad way to die when the tricky little bastards are hiding behind a power up. Unless it was intentional for the dots to be able to hide like that. If thats the case then that is just evil. :)

9. phonk

phonk Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah the power ups should be transparent or beneath the dots.

10. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Agon also need big fixing, my connexion is fine and it constantly close its connection then lost data already downloaded then if I try ask to reconnect it's the same repetition over and over.

Either there's a huge problems with servers either the implementation is wrong or both.

11. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    I wish this game had been called "Touch to Live." I find the tilt controls just far too inaccurate and frustrating. I felt that way on the iPhone and still again on the iPad.

Oh well....

12. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Its easy to calibrate it so its perfect... i mean clicking on custom control lets you set elevation, and settings let you fine tune the tilting. I mean if you cant control the game well, thats your fault... since i think the maximum they can incorporate into customizing it is right. Tilting is what the game is about, and the game does it DAMN WELL

13. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    For sure Spirit give a hint how swipe controls could allow a deeper gameplay... but I was like you and if you persist, you'll never get the level of control that swipe controls could allow but still a high level and it's all about managing the dots and the weapons.

On iPad the wider screen give you more possibilities and once you are more used to the tilt controls and managing the dots and weapons, then it's a rather fun game. For me, at my current skill level, one game last only about 2mn in general, it's short but it's also plenty actions and decisions and it's long enough to be satisfying.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Any progress on the crash issue?
    I now experience crashes even when I manage to get and menu and try to start a game.

15. StrangeCat

StrangeCat Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Great game... and its free!!! amazing...

16. DJDJDJ

DJDJDJ Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    It's not. Only one of the modes is free, and not fully, since new weapons that you unlock, doesn't work unless you purchase full game.

17. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Funnily I have now zero crash. It stopped suddenly since yesterday and continue today.

The only change I see are that it's perhaps few after I unlock the 4th weapon and perhaps few after I put it in bottom application bar. But I'm not sure of both and anyway that would be very weird causes. But how it changes with period with many crashes and periods with zero crashes is weird.

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I would love to buy it and see no crashed. But despite how much I like it ... now it crashes even more. So, I will refrain from upgrading for the moment.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I don't know what to tell you as I'm not seeing these crashes myself now that I've played a bit on the release version.

Which orientation do you use? Top Down has worked great for me so far.

20. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    #100 FPE, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I tried them both.
    Well, few days ago they got my logs, but now the crashing has gotten worse.
    Could it be the model (memory size, 3g) or something else?

UPDATE: OML just told me to switch off wifi and 3G till an update is released to fix the issue. And finally I am enjoying this great game without fighting with crashes. Well, I do crash on red dots, butbthat is the game. Now i go back playing!