Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    When is this coming? I'm eagerly waiting for this update before I start playing this game on my iP5 :D

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm wondering this too... any news on this update?

3. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    I think/hopefully soon. I'm liking the virtual controls (wasn't sure how I was going to like that but so far it's really nice) and new enemies (& sub-levels).

:)

4. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I'm waiting for the new update! I didn't play the game very long secondary to the controls. I love the artwork and story. Any word on the update? I am thinking they are hoping to catch the Black Friday crowds this week.

5. You like the virtual joystick better than the old touch controls?

6. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Save Problem

I have tried playing this game on three separate occasions. Each time, the game started from the beginning. Why is it not saving where I left off ? Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Wait, is the update with the virtual joystick out yet?

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Been holding out on this game in hopes of virtual controls. Bring it on, baby.

9. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    I've got mixed feelings about it; I was unsure about it to begin with. But now, after playing with it for a while; it's grown on me. I think what it is the not having to draw the gestures for the moves/attacks is what I'm liking about the virtual joystick...

;)

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds great, havent had a really big play with this one, second the updates out for the virtual controls i'm there !

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Same here, this one's sitting on my computer waiting for that update! :D

12. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    this game is my little diablo fix, love it :)

Hopefully a sequel will arise after this game with more than just your orc, new classes perhaps?

13. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Any news on when the update will happen?

14. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    I would have preferred the game to allow us to get better armours rather than just shields, the game has massive massive potential but it needs fleshing. And being made for the new iphone and itouch screen size

15. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    What happened with this update?
    Still waiting for virtual controls to start playing this bad boy!

16. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    It actually should be coming real soon...as long no more major bugs are found.

;)

17. Yes, it will be coming soon :)

Chillingo will get it in the pipeline for release. Not sure of the exact time-table yet though.

18. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I used to be able to play this on my iPad 1 (32gb,ios5.1.1), and now all it does is crash. It makes it through the beginning video clip, then crashes before game starts. I've tried rebooting, and closed all running apps. I also just downloaded the most recent version.

Any help would be appreciated.

19. hey dazzlemi

Sorry for your trouble.. That's a weird problem.. especially since you've already played Orc. iPad1 is low end on the available memory spectrum.. I'm guessing it's either a) you have a lot of installed apps and it's just enough that Orc won't run, or b) there's a corrupted save game file possibly from uninstalling and reinstalling ( though we haven't heard of this happening before ).

I'm guessing b) cause the main menu doesn't take much memory if closing all apps and then restarting your iPad doesn't "fix" it.

First, I would delete Orc (including any of it's data files if NOT using iCloud) and then reinstall it. Perhaps it's a bad download or install. If that doesn't fix it then....

Do you have iCloud enabled? if so, close Orc, go to the iCloud settings > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > Orc: Vengeance. Find the first Orc_0 file in the list and delete it. There's a backup there that should load next, however, don't be surprised if you've lost progress. If you have used other game slots, then you'll see other files like Orc_1 etc. You can switch to them after you get it running again.

If it still won't start, I would nuke all the iCloud files...

Hope that helps..

20. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    anyone else noticed the app store being slow on updates, im having to delete then reinstall most of my games :/