Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am not sure we every print a message like that. I wonder if it is an apple error message. From a bit of googling, that sounds like an iCloud error. I am not sure why that would have any affect on DLC but you could always try turning off iCloud and trying again.

It all sounds very strange to me. Haven't heard of this one before.

There server has been up and down a bit as we optimize some changes we have made.

2. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    That didn't change anything either.

3. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    There is a new update out now which you could try, but I doubt that will help.

Are you trying to download over 3G? or wifi?

What version of IOS?

What country is your app store set too?

So you have tried re installing JCS2?

You have tried logging out iTunes from you devices settings menu?

You have tried restarting your phone?

Have you ever seen any downloading or verifying happen?

4. Werebite870

Feb 7, 2011
    1) wifi
    2) 7.03
    3)U.S.
    4)yes
    5)that fixed it

Weird, i haven't been having any other problems with my itunes. Thanks!

5. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    So you had to re-install?

I think there are just some generic things that can go wrong with iTunes sometimes.

6. Werebite870

Feb 7, 2011
    No. Logging in and out of my account fixed it somehow. I did reinstall, but that was a few days ago and didn't help

7. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ok, I thought I had asked you to try that earlier. Perhaps I forgot or wasn't clear. Anyway, glad it is working now.

btw, to everybody else, in case you missed the news, JCS2 1.0.2 is out now!

This will hopefully resolve any remaining progress loss issues, and well as fixing some level editor bugs, and user level filter issues, such the popularity bar not working.

8. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    JCS2 1.0.3 is out now.

This adds some text search functionality to user levels, as well as a friends filter which shows only user levels made by facebook friends.

It also fixes a bug where too many user levels being downloaded would prevent new levels from working until you deleted some existing downloads.

9. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Keep up the good work guys, this is my game of the year so far and it's going to take something special to beat it, even if there is still ten months to go :)

Ps besides the usual bug fixes are there any plans to enhance the game further?
    Anymore replay view angles planned?

Cheers

Gaz

10. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Our next main JCS2 effort is to get the Android version released. I am not sure we will do much else on JCS2 until after that would could be a couple months from now.

11. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Thanks for the reply, no probs there's a ton of content to keep me going and getting Gold medals will take enough time without getting to grips with user levels :)

Good luck with the Android release :)

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

@Luke - Congrats on the Sony ports! Why the first game, not the sequel?
    Oh, and any chance for a PC version of either?

13. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Grip Games is handling PC and console ports. They started long before JCS2 was finished. I think given the timing, and the size of the job, it made more sense for them to start with JCS1.

I beleive that the PC version will be available through steam.

14. Bronxsta

Great. You got at least one PC buyer :)

And well, good luck. So damn frustrating to see the reactions to mobile ports on Steam.

15. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    As Luke pointed out we are in the process of the Android port at the moment. Even though this is an iOS forum I'll give some info on how things are going.

The fragmentation of Android has slowed things down last week and a bit of this week. A friend of mine in the UK had access to a load of Android devices and kindly tested the game out on them. A load of problems came back, I had to buy a couple of new devices, to see what was going on. Barring one problem with the the skybox on a Nexus 10 tablet, those issues have been fixed. The skybox problem is a bit perplexing at the moment. Most of these issues are to do with compliant opengles 3.0 hardware. We use opengles 2.0 for the game, which should work on 3.0 hardware, except gl driver bugs get in the way.

The game is pretty much ported now, with hardware controllers, a menu screen to configure the hud buttons, a few other things, plus bugs to fix, still left to do.

16. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We will have to see how Grip Games manage with the final product.

Honestly, I am quite worried about the reaction of people who expect something more then a port of an old mobile game, I think a lot more could have been done to bring it up to console quality, but I think their main goal was to bring the game play across. Hopefully it is still a fun game, and anybody who always wanted to see it on PC and Console gets what they want.

I am sure a lot of people will judge it for what it isn't.

17. Bronxsta

#457 Bronxsta, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Jet Car Stunts on Steam!

But I think you really need more info on that store page. How many tracks, different modes, any additions/changes/improvements from the IOS version, etc.

I'm guessing the Steam version is the full game + level pack ($4) so you're going to get many many threads asking why the game is $10 on Steam.

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Grip Games is looking after all that. I'm not even sure what the details are my self of which levels are included. I guess I should really find out. I didn't try play through the entire game my self on PC my self. I mostly just made sure that the physics was close enough to the same. But I do know there is a knew exploration game mode where you have to find pickups scattered around the levels, and the graphics have had some improvements.

19. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I can't even come close to getting the gold medal on Like Clockwork and it's supposed to be easy!!!! Any tips would be appreciated. I'm even using afterburner as much as possible. Not hitting walls or anything.

20. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    whoa, been a long time since anybody asked a question on this thread.

Are you pressing both the afterburner and the accellerator? As long as you have a good line it shouldn't be that hard.

There are some android devices that start ignoring touches if you hold down for long enough.