I will invest in your new iPad apps or games!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by ipadinvestor, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ipadinvestor

ipadinvestor New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    #1 ipadinvestor, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    As the subject says, I would like to invest in iPad apps or games by tying up with a programmer who needs an investor to start a business. I prefer those who have developed iphone applications before and do have some apps I could see. But if you are “brand new”, I could look into it as well. This could be one individual or a group of persons. The idea is to create a company and go from there. I am not an American and I live in the Middle East. However, with today’s technology, location is the last thing we should worry about. I could put up to $100k for now, and more if the project is very interesting and could be a hit.

If you are interested, chk my profile on how to contact me by email :D.

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    What's in it for you?

3. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

A cut of the profits I'd imagine...

4. ipadinvestor

ipadinvestor New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Obviously we go by equity, percentage for the money and percentage for your hard work

5. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i sent you a message - there is a project/new startup i am working with that you could be interested in. did you receive it?

6. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Would you have interest in an already released game? I might have the right game for you.

7. ipadinvestor

ipadinvestor New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    mobile1up, thanks, sent you a reply a while ago.

8. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hi, I sent an email and PM just in case, too. :)

9. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Is this to invest in equity on a per-idea basis rather than company basis?
    Also roughly what valuation are you putting on an initial idea?

10. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    IMHO This sounds like a scam...

11. Loonybin

Loonybin Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah, it's a scam just because he is from the Middle East... Damn racists nowadays.

12. originalcopy

Sep 10, 2009
    Any new happenings on this? It indeed seems like a scam.

13. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

This definitely is not a scam. Actually this person is a really nice business man (Oil) from the Middle East trying to be part of a development team. I spoke to him several times and we moved along quite far in discussions. I made him an offer for a deal, he countered looking for more equity. I wasn't willing to go that high and we parted in a friendly manner. He is very driven and making money is very important part of his negotiations. He also has next to no spare time so one of the conditions was to be updated weekly on the progress of the build.

14. ipadinvestor

ipadinvestor New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks Syndicated Puzzles for your kind words. Anyhow, I don't blame the guys because obviously it's something they see from time to time. Anyhow, talked to many great minds out these and did seal a win-to-win situation.

15. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Just out of curiosity, are you still looking to fund additional games?

16. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i had some emails - but they went no-where, gave up :) but since i am going to be working on my own as of july, it could be a good time to follow up again :)

17. originalcopy

Sep 10, 2009
    Yeah, same here, apparently he has very high standards. :p I would like to follow up too.

18. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    his loss - i wasn't looking for a funding partner, as i could also invest on my own. i'll be sure to let him know what he missed out on being a part of when i'm done :) i do not think it is a standards issue, my background/experience talks for itself, so that isn't the issue at hand here.

just beware exchanging lots of information - especially without an NDA :) i ensured he signed one before sending over anything of interest.. will just have to keep an eye on who he puts money behind to enforce the NDA in the event he breaks it :):eek:

19. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Definitely, NDAs are a must for this kind of thing. Copyright everything you can as well before you discuss with potential investors, employees, whoever. One great thing that you can do to protect yourself is register the property with the Writer's Guild (http://www.wgawregistry.org/webrss/)

Even still you should be wary, especially with people outside of your country... Even if you have an iron-clad NDA it doesn't do much good if you have to travel to Asia to try to enforce it.

20. originalcopy

Sep 10, 2009
    Well, I didn't reveal any "top secret" information about a particular game at all. It was more like my own background, experience, views on the mobile game market, and such. I maybe should draft my own NDA, they're such an annoyance to make.