Biggest Fails of Eliminate

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Dec 20, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #1 acidshaman, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    *Now with edits!

*I also dislike the Quake/UT Engines, it feels like your on rollerskates*

1. Levelling, if I want to play an RPG i will, I hate levelling in FPS, h-a-t-e i-t!!!

Killzone 2 was the only game to get this balanced decently.. (even then its annoying)

2. The animations for weapons are really lame and low frame-rate, i dont like it.

3. Credits are way overpriced, and dont last nearly long enough... I think ngmoco got greedy here and put in a real nickel & dime scheme, the USD is worth way more credits than the measly amount you get.

4. Story: it sucks. You play in Virtual Reality rooms in some sort of Company O'Murder? sucks.

5. Bots: the. worst. ever. They literally put zero thought into the AI, the bots rarely get any kills, or are doing stupid stuff, and yet spawn with ridiculous weapons.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  3. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    All of the "Shield Campers."

4. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    god, I hate shield bashing.. I literally dont understand it. Its fun to get kills with it, but its too annoying getting killed by it. Its like an overshield/melee of doom

5. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Honestly, If you hate Elim why talk about it here? there is the original thread for you to put your trash in.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What's not fail about it besides being able to accumulate one star reviews..

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I guess I'm one of the few that instead of complaining, I would rather find a solution to any problems i have.

@acidshaman To answer your questions

*I also dislike the Quake/UT Engines, it feels like your on rollerskates*

That my friend is your opinion. I have no problems with it.

1. Leveling is part of the game. Some will like it and some wont. You just happen to not.

2. The animations for weapons are really lame and low frame-rate? I again have no problems with these animations nor the framerate on my ipod Touch 2G.

3. If you don't like the DLC, don't buy them. ngmoco has never forced you to buy and there are plenty of players that have obtained higher levels for absolutley free. :rolleyes:

4. Story: it sucks. Ok this i 100% agree with you on without a doubt. Being there isnt a single player campaign mode, the story has never bothered me. I think kill or be killed.

5. Bots: the. worst. ever. Again I agree with you 100%

Now regarding shield bashers, yeah we all hate them but again there is a solution to every problem. If i notice the same person starting to rely on the shield...I make it to where that person wishes they never played against me. They will not only hardly ever get to the shield without being picked off. if they do get the shield, i have enough distance to not get hit by it till it wears off. Try mastering moving backwards while shooting. that cures the chase the second the shield wears off.

This is my opinion and and i do not discredit anyones frustration because i understand. I would rather not bitch and complain about it when ngmoco has heard these same complaints an endless amount of times.

If you feel the need to flame me for my posted; I have a better idea. add me and find me in-game under "Stro" or "Halfrica" and we can just settle it there. ;)

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Well yeah you got good points there. But I think you guys are overlooking a lot of it's good parts? Well you feel like you're playing for something instead of just playing. The powerups balance out pretty nicely (except the shield, i fing hate it) and adds more to the gameplay. I mean the online multiplayer works if you're router doesnt suck. And hello its free, dont like it? delete it. Also it was the first FPS to actually work online on the ipod. When MC multiplayer launched it had more problems than eliminate.

but I'd like to add the negatives:
    LAG
    terrible matching. I dont want to play people 15-20 levels higher than me.
    Shield is too overpowered, like wtf.

9. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #9 acidshaman, Dec 20, 2009
    Halfrica.. hahah I like that...

I pretty much agree with what ya said GodSon... as for the animations/framerate, compare the AR in NOVA to the AR (assault rifle) in Eliminate... its way worse IMO

One thing that really bugs me, is that 'there is no reason to play'... just look @ like Halo's Multiplayer, which is the exact model used in NOVA, you play for fun, not to get ranks or achievments, again I have WoW that I DO play, where there are a bunch of goals, incentives, and loot... in a first person shooter I just want to PLAY not go on some level up quest...

If the multiplayer cant keep me interested, carrot-on-a-stick models dont help and I honestly think its a worse system

10. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    can i think that this is the biggest fail ever since mr. bush acted like a dumb mother *cough*

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    lol...Halfrica is because I am Halfrican-American. :D

I can agree with you regarding the comparison of AR to AR for sure on that!

I stay interested in both games but its depending on how i feel at the time, which i like. I do like to play both and yeah i feel you on the "not to get stuff" in NOVA's multiplayer. Its definitely a good feeling sometimes when you don't feel like you have to prove anything and everyone on the field is equal for the most part. Thats actually the difference i like between the two games myself.

I cant discredit either because to me that alone makes them completely different in my book.

Eliminate you earn your rank and NOVA you play equally but the players skill in game is what differentiates you from your opponent(s). Good Call on that. ;)

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Honestly, you can come up with a list like this for every game ever made. There has never been a perfect game, and there never will be. Eliminate may not be flawless, but it is pretty damn fun.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    NOVA actually needs something like the Berserker Shield to add variety to its online mode.

14. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #14 acidshaman, Dec 20, 2009
    Just thought I'd lump them all into one category... I personally feel like unless ngmoco is working on a brand new title up their sleeve they will not be able to beat NOVA, sure the game is free, but its setup through micro-payment profit, and a pretty shit plan IMO, none of the credit packs seem worth the cash you spend on them.

For just $7 you get a much better game.. to be honest im a little dissapointed in Eliminate because I dont see any organization or long term goals by ngmoco...

I also have zero interest in playing Eliminate and dealing with with levelling and all these ridiculous upgrades on equipment that you will then swap out, (way too much grinding) when I can just play NOVA and I will be 100% equal footing with everyone and I dont have to grind constantly just to see all my hard work get shelved.. I literally have zero reason to turn on Eliminate and play a few rounds at all. That is sad IMO.

edit:
    The getting stuff isn't my favorite, but when you seriously just spent days and days upgrading your stuff, and putting all this cash into credits, just to completely abandon your armor for the next upgrade; it really puts a knife in my enthusiasm..

15. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Maybe you'll change your mind about this in a month's time, when the hype surrounding NOVA is gone and NOVA isn't 'new' anymore.

16. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    The matchmaking system. Seriously, how many times I've gotten into a match where all the other players have approximately as much skill points as I do, but are all much higher leveled, therefore I stand no chance. They take much more hits, and fire many, many ammos more than me in one reload.

Fixing this would probably slow down the joining time, but I'd rather wait longer than get into a crappy game.

17. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I definately hate eveyone using a dam rocket launcher...made me
    quit lol.

If we had eliminates multiple gameplay and nova's maps..it would be awesomeness!

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It's free! So stop complaining.

19. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mouldy chips that you find lying in the gutter are free too! But they still give you food poisoning.

20. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #20 acidshaman, Dec 20, 2009
    *edit: I just want to reiterate, that I hate dropping all of that time and possibly cash into Armor (where this really happens) just to abandon it and spend all of that time doing it again for the new armor

This thread isn't a little girl's complaint list, or an 'i love NOVA eliminate sux tehe'... it seriously is what I find lacking about the game, and why I personally have no reason what-so-ever to boot it up...

The newest video on the TA homepage looks O.K, the graphics seem to be boosted up, but then again on my 2nd gen iTouch, everyone just looks kind of dark, doesnt seem like its optimized that well if the 3GS has THAT great of an increase in graphics... something else I havent brought up

Its not the hype or whateveryone is doing that affects my decisions.. I said this a few other times, but playing Frozen for the first time reminded me of the first time I played Halo multiplayer, the ridiculous competition and antics... it was really amazing, I didn't think I'd ever feel like that again Eliminate has never done that. (even though Jungle is my favorite)