GTA Vice City

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lepeos, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Yes!:D I knew this would be the next GTA to come to iOS! The first port worked great, and I hope this one will be 10 times better.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lol @ anyone who thinks this port will be a6 exclusive.

It was a PS2 game people. Playstation 2. The requirements should be very similar to GTA 3, though I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad 1 and iPod 4 get cut out just due to the lack of RAM.

But A5 devices getting 25 fps? You joking? I suspect full effects will be present for A5 devices and up. A5X and A6X will be getting high res assets, with the A6X achieving a smooth 60 while the A5X will probably have a respectably stable framerate as well.

A5 devices will probably get similar framerates to the A5X, just without the higher res assets.

3. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    #23 volcanopele, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Not a complete surprise to see this announced, but I am very excited nonetheless. One of the best game soundtracks ever. GTA III last year was a great blast from the past and still ranks as one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had on the iOS. Assuming a similar release schedule, we can probably expect this in mid-December, so I guess this gives me a deadline to finish Balder's Gate.

Next up will be GTA: San Andreas, though keep in mind that it was released in October 2004, not 2003, so we may have to wait a couple of years. It would not be a complete surprise if that game requires the A6 processor and by that point most people will have a device with at least an A6.

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'd say they've been working on this for quite a while already, so my guess is 4s and up, and ipad 3 and up.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #25 JBRUU, Oct 26, 2012
    It's a Playstation 2 game. No new hardware was required to play gta 3, vice city, or San Andreas. No reason why this should be significantly different. Cutting out the iPad 2 (which has identical hardware to the 4s) is a ludicrous idea.

I highly doubt that San Andreas will be significantly more hardware intensive than vice city.

6. Masterchief

Masterchief Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Will be compatible with 3Gs please?

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well GTA 3 wasn't officially compatible with the 3GS but still ran on it, so there might be hope. Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up though. Same amount of ram as the iPod 4 and iPad 1

8. volcanopele

Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    It may not strictly be the processor, but it will need more RAM for example. GTA: San Andreas pushed the PS2 and Xbox much more than the previous two GTA games due to its shear size if anything. And two years of device releases may also influence system requirements.

9. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #29 picoro, Oct 26, 2012
    i think same as gta3 itunes dresciption says 3gs not compatible but ran fine.

most games dont work on 3gs due lag Ram and not for the processor.

ARM CORTEX AB [3GS],A4,A5,A5x,A6 are same arquitecture armv7.

minium i think devices whit 512mb ram iphone 4 up.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The iPod 4 has more ram than the ps2, albeit DDR2 instead of VRAM. IMO any A5 device could run San Andreas just fine.

But if ram is the issue, why did you bring up processors?

11. volcanopele

Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    More as a short hand since for iOS devices lately, improvements in the processor have included increases in RAM. And perhaps an A5 could run San Andreas, but I suspect it will be a lot like how the iPad 1 and the 3GS are "supported" now in GTA III.

Remember just because two games are in the same console gen doesn't necessarily mean that they would need the same system requirements when ported over. GTA: San Andreas was a much more advanced game compared to the GTA III and Vice City as Rockstar learned how to more fully utilize the PS2 and Xbox hardware. But then again, they also have two years to optimize San Andreas for iOS in the same way, so who knows :)

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    my favourite GTA to date, beat it a few times on PS2. Won't be getting it on iOS since Rockstar doesnt include game center support :(

13. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    29th of October is the actual 10th anniversary of the game. It would make sense to release it on that date, but since that is only 3 days after it was announced I can almost guarantee it won't release then.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    WHAT???? You will avoid this game because it (probably) won't support Game Center?????

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Insane. I kinda understand why people want achievements(though I personally don't care for them), but a classic like this shouldn't be overlooked cause it's missing GC

16. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    I refuse to play any game without achievements, I'd rather play GTA on PS3 and get trophies then waste the time playing it on iOS for no reward.

If I wasn't so diligent about avoiding non-GC friendly games, I wouldn't be in the top 1,050 players on GC re: achievements.

check this sig :p

I wish Apple would make game center support mandatory in all games.. sigh

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    You're so cool.

18. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    If leaderboards didn't exist, we wouldn't have scores to brag about in any part of life :p

Apple uses their lead on the competition in all their keynotes, ya dig?

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah. That's what I was getting at. Sorry, though, forgot about poor old iPad 2!

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Day 1 buy for me. Can't wait for Vice City to hit the app store!