Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The event's been on for hours (7 or 8? Or more?), and there are a lot of people in #TOUCHARCADE. I can easily believe that figure.

Re: only showing 1st place and then 1000th place onwards or something, yes it does that for me sometimes. I don't know why.

2. Dr. Bohn

Dr. Bohn Member

Dec 27, 2011
    For the first part of your question regarding 22K in jobs, remember people from all over the world are playing. When its night on your continent, it's day on the other side of the world.

I'm not sure if the leaderboard has a bug or just shows you the top ten of the global and individual rankings (which shows only the top ten around where you are in them).

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    No. I imagine you can turn off iCloud backup on one of them, then it will stay separate from the other. But Pocket Planes was crashing and resetting if iCloud was off, I think that was fixed in the update but I'm not sure.

Your iCloud account can be separate from your iTunes account, so you/your sister could set up a new iCloud account so you each have a different one.

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Just close an airport, choose one that gives you 3k or more back.

5. luke.f

luke.f Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Pocket Mine Miner
    Poland
    Q: Does your Game Center take so long to load as well? I can't connect right now -.-

6. SuperOwl86

SuperOwl86 Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I have noticed that this afternoon.

7. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #1027 visionwebs, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    I was just thinking my game canter is slower than normal.
    Nimblebit are sending me some goodies and planes to recover from my game reset, I'm assuming they are being sent through game centre.

The stuff is coming through REALLY SLOW, I'm getting one plane every 5-10 minutes or so but nimblebit said they sent them, so I think apple is having problems.

I hope this means I don't double lose my this lol!

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I had to turn my phone off and on again before it would connect.

9. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Hey guys, couple questions.

1) I started in Europe, im level 6, is there any way I can help with the event or should I just make coins at the moment?

2) what's the best way to make coins? Buy random close airports and do fast runs or save up for the bigger airports and start going international?

Thanks, this game seems easy but I'm having a hard time getting used to it and progressing.

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    While everyone is celebrating on their 100 bucks. I'm still waiting for mine. Did over 20 jobs in Calgary during the event. Anyone still missing out?

Secondly, I started out in US West Coast. Anyone got a suggestion on how I can make a move to Brisbane to help for the event? It's pretty far to expand from where I am at such a low level (Level 7).

11. Siedler

Siedler Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I'm closing down most of my small airports because of the new bigger planes I have, there are just not enough jobs on those. I guess I have to close my hometown airport as well. :(

12. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    So best way to get to brisbane is just unlock it and rockhampton?

Is the prize plane even worth the coins and time required?

Also- What plane unlocks at lv10? Should I start getting more kangaroos (I have two) or wait till better planes start coming in the market?

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Well I just got my 100 Bux. Now... to get over to Brisbane...

14. Siedler

Siedler Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I don't know, it seems more like a collector's item and there are only 10 bux to get, I'm still not sure if it's worth it...

I'm now at level 10 and you get Birchcraft - which is class 2 by the way.

15. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I'm not even going to worry about the event. I want to start my expansion in Australia.

16. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Not going for the Bisbane event...started out at West Coast US and don't find it worth it.

I'm trying to expand the East Coast now.

Already got

LA
    Dallas
    Phoenix
    Seattle
    San Francisco
    Salt Lake City

Should I go for Kansas City or St. Louis next?

17. Soar2344

Soar2344 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I would go for St. Louis I started out on the west coast.

18. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Walking through mud would be faster than game centre at the moment LOL :D gifts are coming and going really slow

19. Pezmage

Pezmage Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Semi-out of work Lawyer
    Bay Area, California
    I've got a nice little thing going on right now, seems to be working. I've got two navigators, one P one C. I have them going back and forth from LA to Phoenix picking up any New York people or cargo. That way I keep a nice amount of New York things on layover for my three 4 person/cargo planes to go from LA to New York pretty much non-stop. I'm netting around 1500 a trip. I currently have Seattle, LA, Phoenix, St. Louis, New York and a few airports around the event.
    I'll likely expand a bit on the east coast so that I can keep a fair amount on layover for the trip back as sometimes I'm not getting the 25% bonus on the return trip.

20. jamesfish30

jamesfish30 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I'm loving this game but there is only one thing that is slightly frustrating me, I have to play for 2-3 hours non stop to get to the next level to unlock the next airport. Is there any way of getting to the next level to get the next airports quicker. Although I now only need less than 30,000 xp to get to level 10.