Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?

1. Yes

466 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Don't know yet

22 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    #1 mjmoco, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    ***Eliminate Fan Kit, a limited time TA exclusive***

Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere.
    http://eliminate.ngmoco.com/

Eliminate is the upcoming first person shooter from ngmoco. 4-player deathmatch over Wi-Fi and 3G. It's been submitted, and it's FREE. More details coming soon.

Info:
    Pocket Gamer Preview
    IGN Preview
    Touch Arcade Hands-On

"Yeah, I definitely was expecting it to be awesome... I just wasn't prepared for how awesome it actually was." --
    Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade

Producer Chris Plummer on Eliminate.

Eliminate Community Day

***kmacleod's impressions***

Shooting and aiming are the two most important parts of any FPS, and I'm happy to say that Eliminate handles them flawlessly. All control modes feel natural, and the whole thing is very easy to pick up and play.

"After playing the game for about an hour, I'm absolutely convinced that the game is going to be one of the flagship games for the iPhone, in terms of success and in terms of quality, and I'll be buying it the second it goes on sale."

Part 1
    Part 2

Live Roundtable with the ngmofos -- GamerTagRadio

Gamer Tag Radio Episode #211 -- Eliminate

Thunderbolt Games
    "After sitting down and playing Eliminate, I can say without hesitation that these are the best FPS controls seen on this platform yet."

"Perhaps the most impressive thing, beyond the fluid controls, was the graphics engine. There’s nothing like this running on the iPhone/iTouch right now."

Thunderbolt Games

Sarcastic Gamer

"I was astonished by how natural the controls felt. It was my first experience with an iPhone/iPod touch game, but I managed to acclimate without much difficulty."

"The small maps facilitate close-quarters combat, ensuring constant engagement and tense shootouts. Environmental hazards add to the action, forcing players to mind their surroundings, while also fending off enemies. One moment you’re chasing an adversary; the next you’re a red smudge, courtesy of a horizontal wall press."

Sarcastic Gamer

Gearheads of War

"The game overall is something that is fun and very addicting to play with your friends or against the world."

"After playing for about a half hour I was starting to do very well with getting some double kills and using the power ups to my advantage. I was quickly creating enemies and going around trying to hunt down some of the other players that were kicking my butt."

Gearheads of War

Gearlive

"ELIMINATE offers an amazing online FPS mobile experience. Simple controls and interfaces allow you to pick up your device and start playing anywhere, while giving you a satisfactory gaming experience...for a game running on an iPhone or iPod touch over 3G or Wi-Fi, it’s pretty darn solid. "

App.Tapper

Gaming Nexus

"This ambitious new title is an FPS entitled Eliminate, and after getting some serious hands on time with the game I can say that as soon as the game releases I will finally have something other than tower defense games on my iPod Touch. A lot of things can be done with a touch screen, but one genre I could never imagine being well implemented on that type of interface was the first person shooter. Until now. "

"The weapons are one of Eliminate’s strongest features, because they look and feel great to use. There’s a large variety in the weapon selection as well, varying between laser guns, assault rifles, and rocket launchers to the more imaginative plasma cannons and gravity hooks."

Gaming Nexus

[​IMG]

VIDEOS:
    KillTest Trailer

Eliminate Intro Vid

Weapons Trailer

Armor Trailer

Eliminated Teaser Vid

Eliminate on the ngmoshow
    part 1--upgrades and matchmaking
    part 2--energy
    part 3--Walkthrough of the upgrades system
    practice mode

[​IMG]

Eliminate Fan Kit, a limited time TA exclusive

2. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #2 Fleabag323, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Only 4 player? :( Does that include bots? :)
    Can you tell us how much it will be priced? :)

LOL. It's hilarious how the slogan is, "Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere," when really, since almost half of the iDevice userbase uses iPod Touches, it's more like, "Bring it. But only if you have WiFi. Otherwise, you're just stuck without any functionality at all." Come on, not even a practice mode with bots? No story, just deathmatches with the bots! Otherwise, it's not for travel at all, which is a huge reason people buy games. Even with an iPhone, it's hard to play online when there's shaky service, and oh no! You went in a tunnel. Bye bye signal. Now you lost some of your energy, and got no credits! Happy day! /sarcasm

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    4 player, lol.
    FAIL,
    no, make that EPIC FAIL.
    I just hope MC: Sandstorm has more players on it's online MP update, which I'm sure it will.

4. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
    Long time lurker, finally made an account just to reply to this topic.

Just want to let ngmoco that I am so STOKED for this game to come out. not trying to start any iDrama but I think the energy/credits system is pretty ingenious and once people get their hands on it, they'll understand benefits of it on a mobile "pick-up and play" device.

can ngmoco give us any secret tid-bits about the game? i love checking back at your website, eager for some juicy news. ;)

5. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    How to sell your game:

Eliminate is the upcoming first person shooter from ngmoco. 4-player deathmatch co-op over Wi-Fi and 3G.

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Meh. Why a new thread? I thought it came out so mods locked that thread. Its nothing but another upcoming thread. Yawn. We`re(ok atleast me) not interested in any other info anymore other than the release date. Has it been submitted yet or not? If not then how long before you submit it. Other than that everything else is just blah blah blah.

Dont care if it`ll have 4 players or 40. What I do care is whatever the number of online players is, will it work good enough or not. That we`ll know only once it`s released. So wake me up only if you have news about the release.

7. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I know it's 'Official' and all 'ngmoco:-(' and all, but that's still no good reason to start a new thread. No exceptions should be made ;).

8. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    There is a practice mode with bots.

--MJ

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The other one was a wasteland of pages upon pages of the same people who always complain about Gameloft complaining about Gameloft in an ngmoco thread. Letting MJ post an official thread and just closing the other one instead of deleting dozens of posts made more sense.

For this thread, it would be great if people could actually manage to discuss Eliminate or other things that pertain to ngmoco. I know it can be nearly irresistible to spam threads for upcoming games when there is a limited supply of information about these games but I'd love it if you guys could do me (and the rest of the moderation team) a favor and ask yourself this question before posting in this thread?

"Does what I'm posting directly relate to Eliminate or ngmoco?"

If the answer is yes, post away. If the answer is no, mash your back button or find an appropriate thread for whatever you want to post.

Thanks!

10. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    just tell us how much it will cost. not clues or trying to say something but actually succeeding is saying nothing.just the price.simple

11. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Yes...bring it, bitches!:D

Thanks Mj for being active here and for your efforts. Really looking forward to playing this soon!!

And PLEASE keep this thread on-topic. We don't need to hear any more from those of you that want to bitch about ngmoco's credit system for this game. It's pointless...the system is in place so accept it, move on and quit crying like a bunch of children. And if you want to waste your time arguing about Gameloft, there are plenty of other threads to do so.

12. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I`m not much of a fan of these upcoming threads either and rarely ever check them out, especially if it`s more than 50 odd posts. You seriously cant expect anyone to discuss about something which doesnt really exist for them yet. It`s bound to go off topic.

The only real thing of interest right now is when it`ll be out. OK, thanx to apple approval hell you cant be sure of the exact date but the least a dev can do is if it`s been submitted or what is the ETA on submission. Other than that the upcoming thread will have nothing but spam.

Not exactly sure if this post is off topic too. Feel free to delete if that helps keep the thread clean.

13. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nowhere, CA
    man o man........eliminate

this team they got at ngmoco is really doing nothin but annoying everybody.

first....they royaly screwed up by announcing the realease of this WITH the 3.0 update.......then they disappear for a while.......then they come back with "news" that we all figured out for ourselves before.......and now......since they waited for so long.....it doesnt seem as appealing as other upcoming titles. waiting for nova...

as for the in-app purchases.....i dunno....

it looked cool......months n months ago.....but honestly dont care too much about it anymore.they took waaaaayyyyy too long.but when it comes out.....well see.

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #14 The Game Reaper, Sep 22, 2009
    The game is quite clearly directed towards the iPhone market which, believe it or not, is fairly large. There is also -as mjmoco pointed out- a practice mode with bots.

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah I am pretty pissed with ngmoco:-( right now. I just hate the fact that they have changed the name/gameplay loads of times and they have been keeping us waiting for bloody ages. Now we discover it is only 4 player online. Well that's just great :rolleyes:. I'll see how this one turns out, but I'm honestly not expecting much. Love the Rolando series though,
    ngmoco:-( should just focus on them IMO.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yep, and there's a ton of games that are doing very well that work much better with the connectivity of the iPhone versus the iPod Touch. I was at a talk given by the "With Friends" guys at GDC. They have 50,000 active users per day. The average user spends 1.5 hours playing per DAY. Everything you do in Words With Friends and Chess With Friends requires network connectivity. Their games are remarkably successful, it's hard to find many more examples of multiplayer games like that which have been able to maintain their online community.

There's not much reason to think that Eliminate wouldn't see similar success.

17. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    I actually think the maximum of 4 players is great. I hate how on PS3/xbox online death matches are filled with people. You can hardly think and bam, you've gotten blown away by 20 million people shooting you at once. At least this will give people a bit of space to actually enjoy and look for their prey.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It also all comes down to map size. 4 players in a small map can be just as fun as 32 people in a large map. I wonder how many of you guys were around when 4 player multiplayer was a pretty amazing feat. ;)

19. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    #19 twentyone, Sep 22, 2009
    Well, using a little common sense:

The last countdown timer ends a week from tomorrow (30th) which is the last day of September and I'm guessing it will be out that next day which is the 1st because as some people pointed out that hidden in the code on that page it says "coming in October." I would like to think the countdown is to signify when it's close to being released but I could be wrong.

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hmmm, I don't know.
    I mean, 2 vs 2 is definately better than 1 vs 1. But I still think a minimum of 3 vs 3 is about right. That way, if you have one team mate who is really crap/dopey the at least you have another one to fall back on when the shit hits the fan. From my experience on CS:S, I would say that 3-5 on each team is about right (depending on the map size of course). But then again, presumably, the maps won't even be as big as the smallest CS:S maps.