Dofus: Battles $0.99 Sale (iPhone or iPad)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, Jul 30, 2011.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    I'd been really waiting for this one...

DOFUS : Battles

Ankama
    Discover the first iOS game to be set in the world of DOFUS, the multiple awarding winning MMORPG played by several mill…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Discover the first iOS game to be set in the world of DOFUS, the multiple awarding winning MMORPG played by several million players worldwide. DOFUS : Battles offers the perfect mix of TowerDefense and Real Time Strategy mechanisms, skilfully sprinkled with a touch of RPG. No, you’re not dreaming – this is revolutionary. With DOFUS : Battles, prepare to experience a unique and extraordinary adventure which plays out in the World of Twelve. Set off in search of Jeff Stobbs and the demonic Naz T. Peasawerk, and stop them from taking over the world! Take command of an army of twelve legendary heroes led by the gods’ fantastical summons, Animakhal the dragon. Send them into battle against hordes of bloodthirsty monsters in epic battles which will put your strategy and your reflexes to the test.
    Information
    Seller:Ankama
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:May 13, 2011
    Updated:Jul 11, 2012
    Version:1.2.120613
    Size:37.1 MB
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Also iPad HD edition to $0.99...

DOFUS : Battles HD

Ankama
    Discover the first iOS game to be set in the world of DOFUS, the multiple awarding winning MMORPG played by several mill…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Discover the first iOS game to be set in the world of DOFUS, the multiple awarding winning MMORPG played by several million players worldwide. DOFUS : Battles HD offers the perfect mix of TowerDefense and Real Time Strategy mechanisms, skilfully sprinkled with a touch of RPG. No, you’re not dreaming – this is revolutionary. With DOFUS : Battles HD , prepare to experience a unique and extraordinary adventure which plays out in the World of Twelve. Set off in search of Jeff Stobbs and the demonic Naz T. Peasawerk, and stop them from taking over the world! Take command of an army of twelve legendary heroes led by the gods’ fantastical summons, Animakhal the dragon. Send them into battle against hordes of bloodthirsty monsters in epic battles which will put your strategy and your reflexes to the test.
    Information
    Seller:Ankama
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:May 13, 2011
    Updated:Jul 11, 2012
    Version:1.2.120613
    Size:63.7 MB
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Tiny Lights?..

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    A worthy game this one...

4. Kleru

Kleru Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Music tutor[part-time]
    Around :P
    max lv?

Enjoying the game so far, but I was wondering what's the max lvl? Because I'm lv.8 fighting like lv.100+ monsters :? .

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Oh crap I missed this one. How, I don't know. Bummer.

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    On sale again, iPhone version is $0.99 and iPad edition is $1.99 this time.

7. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Anyone vouching for this one?

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I don't have this yet, but undeadcow is vouching for it, and I'll vouch for undeadcow... =oP

9. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Has it had any updates since release?

10. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010

This is one of my favorite TD games. A great mixture of TD (enemies attack in lines, something like Plants vs Zombies) and RPG elements (you can level up and equip your team).
    Beautiful graphics, smooth animations. Sound/music are all well done, but the music gets a bit repetitive after a while. Many missions and the storyline is also pretty good.
    And because you have 12 different heroes to choose from (all have different offensive/defensive skills) the replayability is very high, you can try different combinations and layouts to see which strategy works best for the mission etc.
    There is a certain amount of grinding (you have to replay some missions to earn money so you can equip your team with better stuff) but for me that’s not a problem.
    No problem with touch controls, but there are some missions that require very quick reactions and changing strategy on the go with many things going on the screen.
    At the beginning the game feels a bit complicated, but after 2-3 missions all is perfectly clear.

For a buck this is a no-brainer imho. If you hesitate try the lite version.

11. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

How many missions are their?

12. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    If you have a choice, get the iPad version. I found it is somewhat difficult to deploy units in the right position, especially during the heat of a battle, due to iPhone's smaller screen.

13. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

Any more feedback about this one?

14. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    A tad bit too short for my taste. The maximum level for a hero is 10. The game is a mix of strategy as there is no hero that is too powerful. Mini games are really hard. Story is fun but not for the serious story adventure type of gamers. Overall the game is good.

15. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I keep reading the title as "Doofus: Battles" and expecting a silly cartoon game. :)

16. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    This is one of the best games! definitely my favorite TD! but it would be an even better game as an outright SRPG.