[WIP]Ximista the warrior - Iphone game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by krys64, May 3, 2009.

1. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    #1 krys64, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxJCC2yVHE

---MAJOR UPDATE, YES 8 YEARS LATER :O

I continue the development of this game because i have improved in experience. Code and graphics are better and i am alone on the development.
    You can follow me on my tumblr and my twitter (@krysgeek64)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Ximista the Warrior?

Ximista the Warrior is a platform game based in a universe of heroic fantasy.
    Explore a huge dungeon, encounter aggressive monsters and vicious wizards, and escape from perilous traps.
    Use your skills to create specific combinations of attacks.
    Solve puzzles, riddles and other enigmas while managing your equipment to progress through the adventure.
    To summarise, this is a mix of Wonderboy in Monsterland for the platform side, and Street Fighter for the fighting system.
    Features:
    - 60 FPS in all computer configurations
    - Dynamic lights
    - Backup system
    - Game available on PC, MAc and Linux

Who is developing the game?
    I am an independent developer working alone on all aspects of the game, including code, graphics and music.

DOWNLOAD ALPHA VERSION :
    http://gamejolt.com/games/ximista-the-warrior/200725
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---UPDATE : THE FIRST TEASER IS NOW ONLINE HERE :---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxpzU-5V-2w

Hello, i'm a french developer and i have began a game project named "Ximista the Warrior".
    I had a french blog but today i create a english/french blog here :
    http://www.spotnik-tv.com/ximista/

"Ximista the Warrior" is an independant old school game using the unity 3D capacities. That's a long time project (6 months-1 year) and you can follow the evolution with weekly videos.

In the blog, i have translate the most recent posts but stay tuned, i want to create a fun game :)
    (sorry for my bad english).
    [​IMG]

EDIT : ------------>

[​IMG]

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Your english was perfect :)

I was watching some of the gameplay videos and it looks wonderful. The animation is really cool, and I love the artwork. Wondering how the controls will work of course but overall it looks cool. Thanks for stopping by, we would've never known about your game :).

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    This looks like a really good platformer and will hopefully have good controls to match it. Parts of your game (spikes, hedgehogs) remind me of Sleepless Knight but your game looks a lot better. I'll be following your blog as you make the game and I can't wait to play it when it goes on the App Store.

Thanks for letting us know about your game it looks great! :D

4. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    It looks great! also, your english is great for a second language (I noticed only two very minor mistakes). The game looks good, but I hope you add a little bit more detail in the background and more color variance in the character's face. It seems like the bread and hair blend with the face colors a lot.

5. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    look really cool, keep up the good work :)

6. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
  7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry if this was said or should somehow be evident in your blog, but how far into the 6 month / year long project are you? It looks great, and I was just curious if we could get any time frame as to when we might see it. By the way, I watched a bit of the cartoon (can't watch too much at work), and it looks quite amusing.

8. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    I had began this project one month ago and i make it with Unity 3D. I am a flash developer and i have find the same philosophy with Unity.

9. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    Little update with a new blog template and new features in my project like :

-some sounds
    -better monster collsions
    -interactive objects

Stay tuned ;)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Finally got to watch the whole cartoon, and that was pretty funny. I hope we're going to see some of that humor in the game.

11. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    Small update to bring the launch of an alpha test for all those who want to get an idea of the gameplay ;)

----------->Alpha Test go !

[​IMG]

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks pretty nice. If you die once you release the boulders in the second section, though, there appears to be nothing you can do. Every time I try to get in there I die simply by touching the boulders, even though they aren't moving.

13. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
  14. Looks like this is coming along very nicely. I missed this thread the first (and second) time around, but this looks like it could be a fun platformer along the lines of Viking Child or similar.

Just out of curiosity, how far along is the project now?

15. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    The project is finished at 10 %
    Lot of work again ;)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, you have at least one customer waiting for the other 90%...

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, I think I like that indoor environment even better than the outdoor demo you released a couple of month ago. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I do have one recommendation on the video, though. The music is good, but you might want to remove the last 30 seconds of video that's just music and a black screen.

18. krys64

krys64 Member

May 3, 2009
    I spent a lot of time optimizing the code for my game and I must admit that I had a little trouble with the Unity collider system 3D.
    I have also rebuild the damage system and I had a lot of problems on the management layers. In short all that you say that here is an alpha 2 fairly optimized and works well with small configs.
    So give your opinion in the comments and if you see bugs. For now, only the first 4 levels are playable but I expected 30 (yes I am crazy).

Reminder:

Q left
    D right
    Space to jump
    N to strike.
    [​IMG]

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Nice. I will give this a try as soon as I can. Also, whenever you need someone to do testing on the iPhone itself let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

Animation is good but graphics need work.