Is there any military fps game coming out?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ShadowsFall, May 28, 2009.

1. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Like for example... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare...? With weapons and a first person view... Or Counter-strike looks..? I would love a modern fps game... Or a mmorpg that isn't text based? I know Livefire is coming out but it's not a "modern" fps..

If I have this thread in the wrong spot i do apologize.

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Well it's not first person, but Brothers in Arms in a WWII themed third person shooter. Also check out WWII Alone which is a fun little war themed shooter.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    He asked for modern, did he not?

4. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    maybe warpack grunts

5. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    #5 ShadowsFall, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    From the looks of the ad... I think it's kinda like a 2.5d game thats 3rd person

6. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

ok, first bit of real information on Warpack: Grunts. It's not an FPS ;)

7. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Great game... Bought it once i got my ipod touch... But its a 2nd/3rd person shooting game.. I want something where you can't see the persons body... Only view the weapon like a ak47.

8. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Then no I haven't heard of any of those games that will be coming out soon. There are other FPS out already though that are pretty fun. Dark Hill just got a new one that makes it a lot better plus it's only a dollar.

9. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Yeah, i've had a lot of fun with Dark Hill, it's not military themed, but it's still a solid fps. It's got more of that horror/mystery feel to it

10. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I think these controls/ other things will be perfect... Movement like assassin's creed. A 3rd person view, zoom in and out with 2 fingers moving near and apart, double click to run on the movement wheel, a aimbot(follows player on crosshair for easier targets), a button on top of the shooting/looking around wheel for jumping, firing button near movement wheel. Change weapons by flicking up or down, map on the top left corner. All the controls on the screen would be alittle clear. It would have multiplayer wifi/online. 10 weapons, (you need to buy the weapons), 3D, chatting, accelaromter for gernades. This seems a bit like Brothers in Arms, but with more features and it's modern.

11. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This is what MGS touch could have been...

12. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    How about LiveFire?? Its an online FPS.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    LiveFire is an online FPS however it is more of a futuristic/sci-fi FPS. I think he wants a modern FPS that is current with todays warfare and technology, i.e - COD: Modern Warfare, Counter Strike etc. That is what I want anyway. A terrorist vs counter terrorist FPS would be nice, maybe set in Iraq or Afghanistan. But I think it will be a while before a decent FPS comes out.

14. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    EXACTLY!!! Though, i'm hoping to play LiveFire and Touchpets

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, LiveFire does look good. I'll play any decent FPS, but I prefer FPS games either set in the past (WW1 + WW2), set in the present (Iraq, Afghanistan etc) or in the near future (Ghost Recon). FPS games set in the distant future is my least favourite as I like realism, with realistic weapons and environments. And sometimes I find it hard to believe that warfare in the future will end up being similar to the way futuristic FPS games make out.

16. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Same here, but I prefer ww2 than ww1. I don't really like futuristic fps games, but Halo/Gears of War is good