looking for 2 games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ronare, Sep 27, 2015.

1. ronare

ronare Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Hey guys, i'm trying to find some games that i'd like to play but cant remember their names..

first one is a racing game , seen from the side, the interesting thing is it was linked somehow with twitter and when someone said something like "meteor" on twitter a meteor show up on the screen

second one i'm not sure was ever released, but the trailer was awesome. it was a game were you had to slash trhough enemies. i remember there was a strong visual style (a bit like flat design : strong bold colors),, it was in 2d, and when you sliced an enemy it was really cut in half (the slice was not just "killing it"). there was some kind of story behind too, but i dont really remmeber

if you guys can help me remember these, you are awesome! thx

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The first one is Tweet Land, which has apparently been pulled from the App Store.

Second's a little vague and I don't know if you're talking about a platformer or a slicing game but it sounds like Shadow Blade. Otherwise the closest thing I can think of is Pocket Ninjas.

3. ronare

ronare Member

Nov 15, 2010
    thanks man!
    yes the first one was tweet land!! meh, shame that it was removed

second one i agree i wasnt very clear. i have trouble remembering it well. it's not pocket ninjas or shadow blade. i should add the playing view seems to be first person, in a corridor (a bit like you have in puzzle & dragons). it seems to me like the camera just goes forward and the enemies come at you like that. graphically it kinda reminded me of the samurai jack cartoon

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #4 metalcasket, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Ah crap...I think I know exactly what game you're talking about but the name completely escapes me.

EDIT: It had this Sin City feel to it, right? Everything in black and white, with blood obviously being red. I think it played like a rhythm game with taps and swipes. I strongly recall a demo of it releasing way before the full version and it was iPhone only. Oh, and it had animated cutscenes or an intro, yeah? This is gonna kill me. I have to find out what it was.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Red Rusher?

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    YES! Well, at least that's what I was thinking about. :p

7. ronare

ronare Member

Nov 15, 2010
    well sorry but still not it! the gameplay looks very very similar though. my game is not black and white, but very bright "flat UI" colors. i remember bright pale blues & greens, maybe some purple or something. but for sure it must play very closely to this one. i think i last saw a trailer in late 2014 or so. its quite possible that it comes from a studio that is already famous and that they were teasing their next game. but i'm not even sure the game was ever released. the quest continues!

on the plus side though, red rusher looks totally awesome so i think i'll get it :)

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #8 RHess00, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Ok. One more guess. Bonzai Blade

Edit: I just reread your last post and I think Bonzai Blade is too old. It's from 2012 I believe.

9. ronare

ronare Member

Nov 15, 2010
    yep, not that either. the story seemed kind of fantastic. a ninja but with a dark/ fantastic theme , magic and monsters. i think i saw the trailer on toucharcade btw, but couldnt find it. well; i guess the game was never released and is now lost in limbo :(

thanks anyway guys!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Perhaps it was Ghost Blade?