if ios 10 release breaks three of my games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ramzarules, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i'll be selling my air2 and 6s+ and move over to android. I've had enough with apple's "fixing and optimising" and breaking gaming with every ios release. Now i'm waiting to see their new software in a couple of months.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    With Android you rarely - if at all - get OS updates, so you won't have that problem anymore at least :p

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I won't update my OS. I see no point in risking breaking many games for few gains, if any.

I think I've learned my lesson.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    With Android no CAVE's shmups and many other games I love.
    So I'll wait for good news before updating.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    iOS 10 isn't released until autumn so there's every chance that either iOS 10 will be fixed to not break games or the devs will have updated the games to cope by then.

6. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Well, @least they got Ikaruga#

7. flenser

flenser Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Wow, beta software has bugs and breaks stuff, who woulda thunk it????? :p

Everybody knows that beta 1 is always the most buggy, at least wait until beta 5 or 6 before you start to panic.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Who woulda think that final version breaks games? That has never happened before.

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I never updated my iPad 4 from its original 7.0 version in fear of crippling older games so I was very surprised after updating to 9.0v. Turned out to be only a small sacrifice and overall was worth it. I know its a gamble to update and not sure if I'd do it again on this device. Android plays games ok (I've a bunch) but iOS seems to play them better imo so the expense of getting a new iPad when its time is dreaded but to continue my preferred way of gaming I'm commited in having to play by Apples rules.

10. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    You really don't need to wait and see on breaking stuff.

First off, I'd avoid updating if you can. I'm still on ios7 and ios8. Things work just fine. Many of the newest features of the latest version of iOS aren't for IpT5 anyways.

Good Android devices can be had affordably. I got an LG G4 for $220 used. I hear solid tablets can go for around that too.

11. GalacticThumb

GalacticThumb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Diamond

Feb 13, 2015
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Not sure I understand iOS 10 is in beta... many developers haven't even tested their games for iOS 10......

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #12 ramzarules, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    i am not refering to beta, but the release version coming in some months. this is why RELEASE is written on the title. Betas can and should find compatibility problems, to be fixed for release.

As for not updating, really? I can't stand my devices popping the update message 3 times per day each, EVERY day.

If Apple wants my money as a mobile gamer, they should fix their #$%7. If they just want to sell overly expensive gadgets that if you are lucky, can play games for one year before breaking from their own software, that's gonna be it for me.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

14. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I mean I kinda agree with Eli. I doubt this is what he meant but... Apple doesn't care. Literally, it doesn't. Oh your game got screwed up? Sucks, rebuild if. Unless it's say oh idk, clash of clans (dat big money) they won't and 'shouldnt' care because it doesn't benefit them. If let's say 20 small indie games stop working, it would cost Apple MONEY to fix it for them. And the benefits are very small. It sucks, it's not great and at the same time you have to accept it. Apple doesn't care about mobile gaming unless it makes them the big bucks. *shrugs* that's my cynical opinion as a PC, console and mobile gamer.

15. For the ones saying "don't update":
    I'm still at 6.1 on y iP5 and it sucks when talking about games/apps.
    Yeah, it goes fast, but I can't use LOADs of apps because my ios is so low.

To not update is not the best option :/

16. ScaryFatKidGT

ScaryFatKidGT Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Minnesota
    Dude just don't update the day of..... wait like 2 weeks-a month or until the game dev has listed support before updating....

17. ScaryFatKidGT

ScaryFatKidGT Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Minnesota
    Why the hell are you still on iOS 6? You could buy a new phone and keep that one on iOS 6 if there is a game only compatible with that?