Lots of games on sale, where are the normal apps?

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Neswii, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I have bought 7 games on sale, gotten a whole lot more for free thanks to this forum but id like some other apps, you know, apps that boost functionality, etc. Is there a sub forum for deals on non-game apps? Its kind of sad that there is nothing but games for my new iphone 4s, my galaxy s 2 had a lot of neat apps, hopefully ios is more than gaming.

2. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    #2 DelBoy2181, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    Has it occurred to you that this is a forum that focusses primarily on games? It's kind of sad that you visit a forum such as this one expecting to find non-gaming apps. Sort of like buying a motorbike but expecting it to have 4 wheel drive capability.

3. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    PS: there's more to iOS than gaming. I'd suggest you spend some time perusing the App Store...unless you're a troll and just pretending to be plain ignorant?

4. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Welcome to TA first off! And to answer your question there isnt a forum or a section that deals with non gaming apps. But a wonderful website that even has its own app is http://appshopper.com/

This shows all the sales, updates and such for both the ios and mac app store. It has specific categories you can search for such as gaming, fitness, business, books (basically everything on the app store) This site is what a lot of people on the forum here use.

Hope this helps and enjoy your new phone, I'm jealous :)

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
  6. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Somebody buy this good man an iPhone 4S for Christmas ;)

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Isn't this a section dedicated to apps that aren't games? It's not very popular though.

8. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Thank you haha. Yes, that site was just what I was looking for. I didn't want to use all my gift card on games. I will check the site out well.

Also, hope you get a 4s for Christmas :)

9. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Haha thanks, and glad I could help. If you have any another questions please feel free to message me.

10. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah appshopper and just plain old searches are your best bet for non gaming apps. A lot of the mac sites tend to have best mail, password, browser, etc ios apps list and also the macrumors forums tend to have a lot of ios app discussions. As for deals, most of the productivity apps that are any good are do well enought to not need to go on sale. Productivity apps are a whole seperate deal, people want then or they don't. And most of them target people with credit cards anyway. Basically, you won't find many sales on the the better productivity apps.

11. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied

There's an AppShopper app for IOS too. I suggest you create a free account and then add apps and/or games to your wish list so it alerts you when the price drops on those games.

For example, I had Scribblenauts on my wishlist and as soon as it dropped to 99c recently an alert appeared on my device and I grabbed it. Actually, I have it on my iPad and iPod, so alerts appear on both.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, it gets about as much traffic as the Mac section. still interesting to check once in awhile. And welcome to TA Neswii!

13. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    That notification thing is cool. I Have downloaded the app but I need to fiddle around with it. I'll add ff tactics so I can get it for cheap >:D

Thanks to all for your replies. I have checked most app lists, but there's nothing I really need. This phone brings most apps natively. Looks like I can waste the whole card on games :D

14. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    You also might want to check out 148apps.com they do reviews of games but also non gaming apps. I've read some of their reviews about productivity apps and they are pretty helpful.