Universal Announcing Switcheroo - We need your help!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fallentreegames, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Which payment model should Switcheroo use?

1. Paid App

50.0%
  2. Free with Ads (and an Upgrade In-App Purchase option)

50.0%
  1. fallentreegames

fallentreegames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    Hi guys,

Lewis from Fallen Tree Games here! Together with my friend Joe, we are the indie studio responsible for the Quell games, .NOON. and Highrise Heroes.

I'm super-excited to give you a preview of our new head-scratcher, Switcheroo.

It's a 'match 3' variant where the movement itself is the puzzle. Tap an arrow to move it in the direction it faces. Make a row of 3 tiles of the same color and the tiles disappear.

If that sounds too easy, don't worry - you'll find yourself in situations that require clever manipulation of the game board. There's an assortment of objectives to keep you on your toes: tiles that chase you, tiles that must be matched within a few moves, tiles that must be protected, and lots more. Switcheroo is scheduled for launch on iOS in October, with Android to follow soon after. How much will it cost? Well...

This is where you come in!

Joe and I can't agree on a business model for the game. Joe thinks it should be paid and I think it should be free. The game has enough content for either model, but the big question is would you buy this game based on just the screenshots? We're deadlocked, so we need your advice! Help us to figure out the best way to get people to play the game whilst also putting bread on the Fallen Tree Games table (yes, it's made out of a tree).

Finally, we are also looking for volunteers to beta test the game before launch. If you'd like to help us, let us know your email address (below, or via PM).

Thanks for your input!

Lewis

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. This looks cool. I'm fine with either payment method, as long as there are no microtransactions.

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Free, AS LONG as we can buy the full game with an iap.

4. fallentreegames

Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    Absolutely not, aside from the option to remove ads in the free version.

5. fallentreegames

Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    Certainly!