Beta Testers needed for our new game "180"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by headcaseGames, Nov 13, 2009.

1. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #1 headcaseGames, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    Hi friends! Happy Friday!
    Headcase Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of our brand new title for iPhone, 180

We are gearing up to send over a submission to Apple shortly, but would like to run through a round of TouchArcade beta testers first. We only need a few people - please apply if you are serious about helping out, and don't mind filling out a (brief) survey after we send out a build.

To apply for a position in the beta, please send the following information to [email protected]

1. Age
    2. Location
    3. Occupation
    4. UDID
    5. iPhone/iPod Touch model
    6. name 5 of your favorite iPhone titles
    7. name 5 of your favorite (general) videogames
    8. info on any prior experience you've had beta testing
    9. please mention "TA beta" and your handle in the body of your message.

That's it! Have a great weekend!

2. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    We're looking to fill a couple more spots for our beta. Send an email or a PM and we'll let you know if you qualify.

180 is a new fast-action puzzle game looking to take up permanent residency in your brain. If you are a fan of classic nail-biter games like Tetris, Puzzle League/Tetris Attack and Puzzle Bobble, but tired of the very dated mechanic and awkward iPhone control schemes, you will be in heaven with this title!

The game is releasing very soon - help us out and give us some feedback, thanks everybody!

3. hockeyfight

hockeyfight Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Washington
    e-mail sent

4. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #4 headcaseGames, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    ALSO - (just for fun's sake, not to do with the beta - you don't need to email me about this, haha!) - what is the most ridiculous thing you've done to get a video game (or system?)

For me, I would say it was waiting overnight at a Fry's Electronics to get a PS2 at launch, nearly ten years ago. I had fantasies of becoming rich selling it on eBay but no clue what I was doing, decided to keep it and play SSX instead (more fun anyway!) Although I can say I will never wait in line for another video game system again..

...maybe.

5. iiAtlas

iiAtlas Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    New York City
    email sent

6. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    very nice!

need just a couple more and then we are all set!

7. ameeps

ameeps Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Sent

Sent you guys an email :)

8. stuffradio

stuffradio Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Sent an email.

9. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I sent an email yesterday! :)

10. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    email sent :)

11. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    #11 headcaseGames, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    We are gonna delay our next beta release by a bit (a week?) as we've decided to reel in our schedule a bit and put a bit more work into the polish. I'll contact those of you who were interested in beta testing shortly, likely middle of next week (still accepting applications btw!)

We're pretty excited. I think we have one of those games that could be the next Bejeweled or Drop7, gameplay-wise, but it's certainly got to look the part as well so I'd rather sit on it and spend the time getting the aesthetics to match the gameplay. I think most folks would agree on this issue.

Stay tuned - and thanks again for your help!

12. headcaseGames

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    ATTN people who sent us UDID's - at last we are finally ready to send out some builds! Keep an eye out for a confirmation email in the next few days.

If you didn't make the cut just yet then don't fret, we will still likely need your help for a future build (not long after this one) and so, absolutely appreciate your input.

--IMPORTANT -- we need more folks of the feminine persuasion to test. If you are, or know of one who'd be willing to help test, they get the top priority right now (as usual, we will need you to fill out a short survey after testing, of course!). Our game is not "girly" per se but we definitely want it to be fun for everybody.

Here's a simple description, copied from earlier in the thread -

180 is a new fast-action puzzle game looking to take up permanent residency in your brain. If you are a fan of classic nail-biter games like Tetris, Puzzle League/Tetris Attack and Puzzle Bobble, but tired of the very dated mechanic and awkward iPhone control schemes, you will be in heaven with this title!

-- Again very very excited to release this one ASAP, we decided to put a lot more emphasis on openFeint/achievements so we are pushing our release window back appropriately until that stuff gets squared away (if you are interested in particulars, keep an eye on our development blog). Rest assured this is one of the most enjoyable games I have worked on in my career (and I have worked on some pretty good ones! Also some half-assed ones, haha) and I can't wait to put it out there. But, not 'till it is ready to come out of the oven!

Thanks again gang!